Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Ag (animal) related preferred, but not really sure. Just think I need something less intense.

Office, field, both? I'll try to get back with some thoughts tomorrow when not on phone. Hitting up former advisors/professors not a bad option since you're a little younger

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Former coworker had breast cancer, and due to the risk, she had a double mastectomy. She posted a pic on FB while at a country music concert with her wearing a shirt saying "Of course they're fake! My real ones tried to kill me!"

FYI, the reconstruction made her basically look "normal", not disproportionate.

I wanted to give this a funny, seems like your former coworker has a pretty cool sense humor.

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV and VeloClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So, been thinking, and I think I have made my mind up. How does one go about looking for different employment?

You've got some experience now so a head hunter? Before you start think what direction you want to head though that will simplify your job search by quite a bit. Good luck and enjoy whichever direction you pursue next!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Office, field, both? I'll try to get back with some thoughts tomorrow when not on phone. Hitting up former advisors/professors not a bad option since you're a little younger

Funny how people look at things differently I put him in the experienced category you put him in the younger one. But yeah he would still actually have connections on campus to send out feelers and learn about "unofficial" openings. But we both want him to have success. Happy hunting @cmjh10

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ag (animal) related preferred, but not really sure. Just think I need something less intense.

Contacts is huge. Do you know anyone in the med sales area. When is the pork show in DM? Talk to them. Call the ag placement office, they will have leads once in awhile. You have any requirements of staying in the area? I know your large competition doesn’t have the hours that you seem to.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Funny how people look at things differently I put him in the experienced category you put him in the younger one. But yeah he would still actually have connections on campus to send out feelers and learn about "unofficial" openings. But we both want him to have success. Happy hunting @cmjh10

anybody younger than me is a pup so I feel less old, lol! I thought this was still his first post-college job so I figure that's still close enough that you can reach out to those contacts and they still remember your name.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you want to stay in the area, let me know what type of jobs you want or absolutely don’t want, what type of wage you need or what you really want for benefits and I can beat a few bushes of the people around.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Sure. I like her honesty. Plus she’s a sales rep in the pot industry and said she’d show me how to do dabs (so complicated, they take like six parts/tools).
If Betty White can do it, I'm sure you can figure it out.
giphy.gif

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Not solely office (would be bored), but not solely field as well. Biggest thing is more consistent hours and schedule. Been putting in crazy hours lately and can not get ahead.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Is there anything more frustrating the chugging along with your snow blower or shovel and then slamming into a crack in the concrete and running to it full force? Got done blowing off drive an hour ago and I’m still pissed.

Yeah, hitting said crack with a shovel and about castrating yourself

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don’t feel like working today. Boss gonna be mad that I didn’t do jack after I got home yesterday. Now heater in garage is toast I believe. Wife volunteered to work a concession stand but forgot she has some other commitment at the same time, so that means I ended up volunteering. Good pickup now in the shop because it was blowing exhaust into the cab.

This weekend is not looking like a fun leisurely one.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I don’t feel like working today. Boss gonna be mad that I didn’t do jack after I got home yesterday. Now heater in garage is toast I believe. Wife volunteered to work a concession stand but forgot she has some other commitment at the same time, so that means I ended up volunteering. Good pickup now in the shop because it was blowing exhaust into the cab.

This weekend is not looking like a fun leisurely one.
My wife and daughter are volunteering at a concession stand for a basketball tournament tomorrow. I got out of that because I'm coaching. I'm not sure that I got the better end of the deal though. Actually, this year's team is a lot of fun. The kids get along so well.

Reactions: SCyclone and NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.