Weather Thread - 1/16 to 1/18

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That like a Defcon 4, still pretty good type of deal, or like Quadrant 4, set your tourney resume on fire type of tier 4?
No, he is saying the storm started (the source) in tier four. That would be fourth floor of the tiers in Parks library.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Wonderful day to have the snowblower break. Just got done with my first pass shoveling, that was a *****.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Wonderful day to have the snowblower break. Just got done with my first pass shoveling, that was a *****.

You have been banned.

Reason: Can not fix own snowblower.

Your ban will be lifted once you have repaired the snowblower.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You have been banned.

Reason: Can not fix own snowblower.

Your ban will be lifted once you have repaired the snowblower.

Even if i knew how, i would have had to shovel first in order to get out of my driveway to get new parts (the starter cord broke)

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Dry air yes, but moisture overrides it and fills back in later this afternoon early evening.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Cue all the mama’s boys and their “I’ll be driving from Chicago to Omaha to Minneapolis back to Chicago tomorrow to catch a flight to New York to catch another flight to London to catch another flight to Hawaii. What time should I leave? Should I leave? Will I make it ok? Will you wipe my butt? Will you bring me my binky?” type posts! Haha!! Kidding, but not really.

In other words, check the DOT site and its gazillion live road shots for road conditions and whether travel is advised. And use your own instincts! Peace out, bruhs!

^Found the guy with snow anxiety

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Spousal unit just went out to make the first pass on our 1/5 mile shared lane for the folks that may be coming home from work soon. Thank goodness for the bobcat! We've only got about 3 inches, but the lane drifts pretty heavy in a few spots.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and motorcy90

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Lots more snow than expected in southern Iowa and probably less in northern Iowa. Not going to get as much freezing rain as expected. Hopefully just enough to crust the snow over.

Reactions: isutrevman

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Spousal unit just went out to make the first pass on our 1/5 mile shared lane for the folks that may be coming home from work soon. Thank goodness for the bobcat! We've only got about 3 inches, but the lane drifts pretty heavy in a few spots.
I'll be having the fun with drifting across the driveway when the wind shifts from out of the NW later tonight/tomorrow. will hopefully be able to really test the 44" blower and tractor out.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Lots more snow than expected in southern Iowa and probably less in northern Iowa. Not going to get as much freezing rain as expected. Hopefully just enough to crust the snow over.

Nevermind. Just transitioned over to freezing rain. Not sure how we get rain when the thermometer shows 25 degrees. Radar still showing snow.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
That is called conformity and public education is all about creating conformity. The school here canceled on the nicest day of the week (Tuesday) simple because of the gravel roads in the morning.

Have you been out on those gravel roads? Where I work, a small rural district, we had one bus slide off in the ditch and another was taking forever to do the route. We did not cancel but we should have delayed.

Both that like to ***** about schools closing or delaying because of weather forget one important item. Not only are the teachers and aides driving on the stuff, but a lot of inexperienced kids are also out on the roads.
Poor roads/weather and inexperienced drives/kids can led to death and injury. Better to be safe than sorry. A day of school is not worth anyone's life.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron