Replacement for Ruhle at Baylor?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I'd have more faith in KSU being just fine.

I hope Baylor falls flat on their face and stays there.

And gets kicked really hard the whole time.
I think I agree, but Baylor will return a lot more talent than KSU. If they hire the SMU coach, they’ll continue to be tough.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Fuente is definitely a good option there. I was hoping it would be a worse coach than that but Baylor has a lotta coin.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Hopefully the next coach has the courage to make the difficult decision of putting opposing student athletes in danger if they have a tent that did not have prior approval. I mean, we can all armchair quarterback this and make the intellectually lazy statement that ISU should've been able to leave their tent up for the safety of its student athletes. But I think we can all agree, that while subjecting people in heavy pads and intense activity to 125 degree temperatures is dangerous, it is NOTHING like the dangers that would ensue in a society in which tent documentation rules are ignored. As someone who doesn't want to raise my children in lawless chaos, I commend Baylor for making the hard decisions most would not have the courage to make.
In the perfect world I'd agree. However with the propagation of laws comes an inherent suffocating economic impact. And, without restrictions would implode a society. We're already seeing this in several areas of the economy. I'd argue the drop in this countries' educational and industrial sectors (comparing to the world) are mostly due to laws and/or government intervention.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
At the same time, they are taking a coach that has went 6-7 and 8-5 the last two years in the ACC. Not exactly lighting the world on fire.

It makes you wonder if he was on their radar when they hired Rhule. I know they hired Rhule a year after JF was hired by VT but Grobe was never more than a band aide to get them through the fallout from the scandal. They had to have a short list of guys they'd like to hire once they let Grobe go. If they weren't in limbo over the rape scandal, they probably would have had the confidence to go after Fuente. At the time though, there was probably no way Fuente would touch that job.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
So many people on hear don't understand the REALLY deep pockets that Baylor has access to for a HC.
Place is a dumpster fire, but it's in a hot recruiting bed and you can easily make $5-$7 million per year.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
At the same time, they are taking a coach that has went 6-7 and 8-5 the last two years in the ACC. Not exactly lighting the world on fire.

They were trending down when he took the job though.