On That Note - Welcome to the Occupation

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Hi and welcome to this week's On That Note. Each week one of us guys (@cyclones500, @CycloneRulzzz or I) bring you a music column hoping you will all chime in with your contributions to the chosen topic.

Last week was: On That Note: Musical Compass, found here: https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/on-that-note-musical-compass.254197/

This week the topic is Occupation. The song lyrics, title or Artist must be the name of an occupation. The actual occupation name. NOT A Description of the work or duties of the job. For instance these two DO NOT COUNT:

I Write the Songs - Barry Manilow: He describes writing songs but never does the occupation "Songwriter" appear in the lyrics.
Working in a Coal Mine - Lee Dorsey: Again he describes working in the coal mine and several tasks but never does the word "Miner" appear.

My First Five:

So Long Frank Lloyd Wright - Simon and Garfunkel - Architect

The Boxer - Simon and Garfunkel - Boxer (and Whores, if you want to call that an occupation)

Baby Driver - Simon and Garfunkel - Engineer

I Am The Walrus - Beatles - Policeman

Drug Store Truck Drivin' Man - The Byrds - Musician and (all night)DJ

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Did a search for occupation songs and saw alot of songs about cowboys. At first glance that didn't seem like an occupation to me but I googled cowboy and got this:

A cowboy is an animal herder who tends cattle on ranches in North America, traditionally on horseback, and often performs a multitude of other ranch-related tasks.

So I will post a couple based of that definition

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron