Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thanks so much to @MeanDean for this idea! I enjoy your way of describing it:

Was on another site and a guy posted an article where one of the people mentioned was named Kevin Bacon. NOT the the actor guy. Just happened his name was actually Kevin Bacon. (Like Michael Bolton in the Office Space Movie.)

Anyway. People started posting the people they actually knew who shared the name with some famous person - and how they dealt with it - positive or negative.

• Friendly
Reactions: MeanDean

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I went to church and school with a girl named Debbie Reynolds. I don't remember a lot of reaction because we were all used to it. I'm sure there were people who would react upon first meeting her, but I wasn't around for that type of situation.

Reactions: Angie

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
There was a guy named Will Smith in our dorm. Complete opposite though, husky pale white computer science guy.

Didn't really know him but knew he took the jokes well at first, but after like the first month of his freshman year he started really hating any mention to the actor.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
I have a cousin named Jesse James. Not sure if he still does, but growing up he had custom license plates with OUTLAW on them. Always wondered how that worked out for him.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I live in a small town in Wyoming. When I moved her people were like have you met Will Farrell. Come to find out he was a PBR bull rider and not the funny curly headed actor.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I work with a short white guy named Cameron Newton. Tries his hardest not to go by Cam.

I would expect he prefers "Ron" That's what I would do in his case.

Had a good friend/co-worker (RIP) whose first name was Richard. He was named after his father. He, naturally, did not want to be called D!ck. So he was always "Rich."

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
My first job after college the name of my boss was Jim Davis.

My second job the name of my boss was Dennis Miller.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Thanks so much to @MeanDean for this idea! I enjoy your way of describing it:

Was on another site and a guy posted an article where one of the people mentioned was named Kevin Bacon. NOT the the actor guy. Just happened his name was actually Kevin Bacon. (Like Michael Bolton in the Office Space Movie.)

Anyway. People started posting the people they actually knew who shared the name with some famous person - and how they dealt with it - positive or negative.

Worked with a guy whose name was Ray Liotta.

• Funny

Help Support Us

Become a patron