Replacement for Ruhle at Baylor?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The team is setup for a run. I wouldn't be surprised if they found a well known coach looking for a final run at a Natty.

So, maybe Urban Meyer? They gave been willing to pay and the fanbase doesn't exactly come across as looking to be squeaky clean.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He’s unlikely to go anywhere as much as I hate to say that.

Hope I’m wrong. Baylor has the money to pay him a NFL salary.

He's flirted with the NFL the least two offseasons. It's obvious he's interested in making the jump. The only way he stays is if, similar to last year, he doesn't find the ideal fit. Carolina and New York are both pretty good opportunities.

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy and DSMCy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Can someone explain to me the hype? What am I missing here? Is Rhule really that good a coach?
Well he did take Baylor from 1-11 two years ago to 11-2 and a shot to play in the playoff this year. I think you have to be a pretty darn good coach to do such a thing. No different than CMC and how he turned around Iowa State in a short amount of time and why he's gotten NFL hype as well.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Can someone explain to me the hype? What am I missing here? Is Rhule really that good a coach?
From all that I can tell and have seen he is very similar in coaching philosophy to Matt Campbell. Albeit with a different demeanor completely.

CEO style approach, loyal to his staff, builds and develops kids into the type of team/culture he envisions. Plus, he just went 11-2 with their only losses coming to OU.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
"Quick thoughts/info on Matt Rhule

1) salary is currently in top 6 in CFB
2) buyout is north of $10 M
3) he likes Baylor and enjoys raising his young family there"

Are Buyouts typically paid if a jump to NFL is made? I suppose it depends on the contract.