Good-Jones

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Usually rumors like this don’t just come out of nowhere so at this point I’d be shocked if there was nothing to this.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I believe all JGJ problems were in high school.
There have been times where he's been in Campbell's dog house, but nothing too serious I don't think. I remember a game in 2018 where Campbell went over to the bench and ripped into him. I think it may have been after a TD and Good-Jones was flagged tor unsportsmanlike conduct or something like that. I kind of remember him being chewed out another time on a FG or XP attempt as well.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
There have been times where he's been in Campbell's dog house, but nothing too serious I don't think. I remember a game in 2018 where Campbell went over to the bench and ripped into him. I think it may have been after a TD and Good-Jones was flagged tor unsportsmanlike conduct or something like that. I kind of remember him being chewed out another time on a FG or XP attempt as well.

I think on the bold, it was because on the extra point JGJ didn't move or bother to block his guy when the ball was snapped.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Do a search on good jones suspension and you'll find an article from 2018. Or you could go back through this thread where I linked the article earlier.
Julian was also suspended for the 2016 opening game for violation of team rules. Not sure if the article you posted mentioned that, but this would be his 3rd time being suspended if the rumors surrounding all of this are true.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This was my first thought.
If he does in fact have to sit the first half, and our offense / offensive line is playing well going into the half, does he play the second half?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Allow me to rephrase, has Campbell allowed suspended players to travel to bowl games?
I don't believe anyone was suspended for last year's bowl game. Two players did not suit up for the Liberty Bowl (Cotton-Moya, Edwards), but Edwards was ruled ineligible and I believe Cotton-Moya broke team rules while the team was actually in Memphis. I think both of those players were on the sidelines for the game, but obviously the circumstances were different.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Allow me to rephrase, has Campbell allowed suspended players to travel to bowl games?
I think that if it’s failing a drug test as the rumor suggests, that’s an NCAA decision of “suspended from all team activities”. For the whole game.

That would be why I’m confused by the persistence of the rumor.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron