All Things Notre Dame

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
This post over there pretty much sums up where they are at:

“I’m not hear to bad mouth the Cyclones or anybody for that matter. I like their coach and they had a decent year. With that said, if you are ND, how do you get up for this game ? I have no doubt Iowa St will be sky high for this matchup. I just don’t see the Irish getting excited about this game. Maybe I’m wrong. I don’t know. ND gains nothing from a win. It is essentially a meaningless bowl game against an unranked opponent. Heck, I could see ND losing this game too. Well either way the game will be played. I hope they win. I also hope they come out of this game injury free. I’m already looking forward to next season.”
This is laughable. I expected expect our team to be up, but “sky high”? Notre Dame lost to the only two real quality opponents they played against—one of them badly. Don’t count USC, because they were just psycho this year, up and down all over the place.

At least when they played mostly Big 10 teams, they played a reasonably challenging schedule.

KenND

Dec 8, 2019
So basically they respect Brock but there defense is pretty good. And if they run the ball which won’t be super difficult they have a good shot to win.

ND is not good at running the football this year. They have had their moments, but they struggle to get any kind of push conventionally, and have resorted to jet sweeps and designed QB runs to try and get production. They completely abandoned the run against Georgia because they knew going in that it was a waste of time.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: irish and keepngoal

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Does Notre Dame football have a "Sister Jean" like Loyola basketball?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

St. James Cathedral, the Catholic church building closest to the stadium has its own Touchdown Jesus:

II-2-600x600.jpg

https://www.stjamesorlando.org/photo-gallery/

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
In the comments a guy says that the air raid is nothing new to ND since they played USC....... :rolleyes:

The USC game will give CMC some good film as I think it was the only game ND played three down lineman. They took out a DT and added a safety on first and second downs.

cyclonevac

Feb 11, 2016
OUCH

I am a good 100% (per ancestry.com) Irish Catholic boy. I have been a ND fan all my life. Brother that is a priest, uncle was a priest. Went to 1 or 2 ND games every year. The pageantry is awe inspiring. The tailgating is festive. The fans are knowledgeable and friendly. I heard of the ND attitude but never witnessed it.
UNTIL NOW! Now that I am a fan of an opponent I see things differently.
Yes, Iowa State has a team. Yes, they are very capable. Yes, they appear to have underachieved.

YES, they will give you. All that you want. That 21 point 3rd quarter lead you are assuming you will have, means nothing. We didn’t play Our Sister of the Poor. Buckle up baby, buckle up.

And finally. ISU’s tailgating makes ND’s. Look like a 7th grade dance.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
OUCH

I am a good 100% (per ancestry.com) Irish Catholic boy. I have been a ND fan all my life. Brother that is a priest, uncle was a priest. Went to 1 or 2 ND games every year. The pageantry is awe inspiring. The tailgating is festive. The fans are knowledgeable and friendly. I heard of the ND attitude but never witnessed it.
UNTIL NOW! Now that I am a fan of an opponent I see things differently.
Yes, Iowa State has a team. Yes, they are very capable. Yes, they appear to have underachieved.

YES, they will give you. All that you want. That 21 point 3rd quarter lead you are assuming you will have, means nothing. We didn’t play Our Sister of the Poor. Buckle up baby, buckle up.

And finally. ISU’s tailgating makes ND’s. Look like a 7th grade dance.

For all the golden domers who think playing us is beneath them, the Vegas spread opened at 3.5. They seem to think it will be a decent game, particularly as other games have spreads of 15+. That's about as objective of analysis as you can get.

KenND

Dec 8, 2019
The Cliffs Notes version:

Brian Kelly hired Jeff Quinn as ND’s OL coach a couple of seasons ago over Long’s objections because Quinn is Kelly’s buddy.

Long was frustrated with the OL’s performance this year because Jeff Quinn sucks and wanted, or possibly demanded a new OL coach. Kelly values his buddy Quinn more than he values having a good OL coach, so Long is out.

Some additional info that has come out is that Chip Long is also a real hard ass that yells at players, probably to an excessive degree.

L

LincolnWay187

This is laughable. I expected expect our team to be up, but “sky high”? Notre Dame lost to the only two real quality opponents they played against—one of them badly. Don’t count USC, because they were just psycho this year, up and down all over the place.

At least when they played mostly Big 10 teams, they played a reasonably challenging schedule.
Its called trying to build up an excuse for if they lose.

• Agree
Reactions: irish and Aclone