RECRUITING: 2020 early signing day running blog

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
The one guy I was nervous about ended up being the 2nd to fax in. Antoine had quite a few good offers. Doesn't seem like there will be any surprises today positive or negative.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The one guy I was nervous about ended up being the 2nd to fax in. Antoine had quite a few good offers. Doesn't seem like there will be any surprises today positive or negative.

That is what you hope for. If there is a surprise guy, they are usually a project or have some other issues like academics.

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
At the risk of having to dust off my nut cup........ is there any reason to be concerned that Latrell Bankston has not signed yet?

His JUCO coach was hired by Arkansas and offered him a couple days ago.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not real concerned about it. Just providing a reason for a nut cup.

• Informative
Reactions: skibumspe and Doc

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Weird I don’t know the story...quick synopsis?

He and his family grew up big hawk fans. Gf and I are good friends with his cousin. Awesomely, one by one each person in the new generations of that family have been ending up at Iowa State (I'm sure more now that Hunter will be playing for us). He visited Iowa and felt completely blown off by their staff. Kirk told him he could walk on and wasn't going to offer him. After his recruitment blew up with his performance at the Elite 11 camp, hawk coaches tried to reinsert themselves in his recruitment, but he was so turned off by his initial visit that he blew them off. Huge **** up on Kirk and co's part

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Any chance with Bouman being a pro-style and Dekkers a dual threat, that we see some kind of 2 - QB system in the future, similar to Park/Lanning in Campbell's first year?