Charlie Kolar named Third-Team All-American by AP

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The kid is raking in the accolades. I wonder if his academic achievements keep him around until he graduates. He seems draft-able now but I don't claim any insights.

He's had a terrific year and seems like a great student-athlete.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
At the very least he needs to declare for the draft and get some feedback. If he’s a guaranteed first 3 round pick he needs to go. Short term loss that will produce long term gains in recruiting.

• Disagree
Reactions: GT25Ump

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
At the very least he needs to declare for the draft and get some feedback. If he’s a guaranteed first 3 round pick he needs to go. Short term loss that will produce long term gains in recruiting.
If I have his brains, I think really, really hard about the possibility of concussions.

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I don't think he has the speed to get drafted in the first two rounds. Maybe 3rd or 4th round. He's best to come back for at least one more season to polish his technique and showcase dominant ability in the passing game. If he can do that he can bump his stock into a 1-2 round pick

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The NFL TE pool is fairly weak overall. A lot of the good TEs are getting up there in age too. If the 2020 Draft's TE pool is weak and he's the best prospect, which he could be, he'll go in the first two rounds. If that's the case he better go pro. He can always finish his degree later or during the summers.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The NFL TE pool is fairly weak overall. A lot of the good TEs are getting up there in age too. If the 2020 Draft's TE pool is weak and he's the best prospect, which he could be, he'll go in the first two rounds. If that's the case he better go pro. He can always finish his degree later or during the summers.
This is so true. I cringe watching Jason Witten catch a pass and take three steps just getting turned around to get headed downfield. It looks like he is running through 18" of mud.

• Agree
Reactions: xboxfever

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
This is so true. I cringe watching Jason Witten catch a pass and take three steps just getting turned around to get headed downfield. It looks like he is running through 18" of mud.
Hell even Travis Kelce is getting up there in age and years of service. I'd love to see Kansas City take Charlie Kolar. Groom him for a couple years in a system that loves pass catching TEs. Replace Kelce after his contract is up after 2021.

Reactions: VeloClone

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Meaning the draft pool doesn't comport with the AA teams? I get that college AA status =/= NFL draft status. So you think Charlie might be the best available TE coming out this season? (Draft in April)

If so, I really hope he hangs on and comes back for the 2020 season. He could have a huge season with Purdy back.

But it seems like those TE spots opening up keep getting filled quickly...by dudes that went to Iowa. So maybe it's a situation where Charlie will have to strike while the iron is hot?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Hell even Travis Kelce is getting up there in age and years of service. I'd love to see Kansas City take Charlie Kolar. Groom him for a couple years in a system that loves pass catching TEs. Replace Kelce after his contract is up after 2021.
I’d hate to have to replace Kelce so soon, ‘21? But maybe that is the way of the word these days. Kolar a Chief, yeah baby! Good as Kelce hard sell, but not many are.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
If I have his brains, I think really, really hard about the possibility of concussions.
That’s an argument to quit football altogether, not one to stay in school and continue playing football.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron