Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So, about that.
Dude sent an email late at night with 10 images of his handiwork.(see, he writes by hand, and photographs the work-----that'll never be accepted again).
Just the same stuff as the other submission bombs.

Another email with 17 images. Same stuff, sometimes multiple times, but this included pages 2, 4, and 5. None of them make up anything like an essay, so it doesn't change anything.

When he complains, I'm going to calmly recommend making sure classes have a full-time instructor with the resources to help him out next time around. Not a knock, but he needs better than what DMACC will provide, as in, someone like me is too busy not being paid by the school most of the semester to come down and help outside of class because we're too busy doing stuff that pays in our desperate attempt to scramble through life.

Just another consequence of going cheap and exploitive in the reliance on adjuncts. This guy is a decent enough guy who partially got screwed by my lack of availability, but also largely through his own awful work.

Is he an older individual? Seems backwards for someone in their 20s.

I will probably have to duck for cover, but outside of trades and maybe an occasional minor class, I’m not a fan of community colleges. The more ive dealt with small private schools also, I’m more and more relieved that my oldest flipped to ISU. Now if I could just get them to shave those 20 open electives down so people can get out a semester earlier and make it more affordable, would be great.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
So, about that.
Dude sent an email late at night with 10 images of his handiwork.(see, he writes by hand, and photographs the work-----that'll never be accepted again).
Just the same stuff as the other submission bombs.

Another email with 17 images. Same stuff, sometimes multiple times, but this included pages 2, 4, and 5. None of them make up anything like an essay, so it doesn't change anything.

When he complains, I'm going to calmly recommend making sure classes have a full-time instructor with the resources to help him out next time around. Not a knock, but he needs better than what DMACC will provide, as in, someone like me is too busy not being paid by the school most of the semester to come down and help outside of class because we're too busy doing stuff that pays in our desperate attempt to scramble through life.

Just another consequence of going cheap and exploitive in the reliance on adjuncts. This guy is a decent enough guy who partially got screwed by my lack of availability, but also largely through his own awful work.
What if @BCClone baked you cookies for the difficulties he caused you? Would that make it better?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Really starting to dislike the holidays

im past starting, I kinda dread it yearly. One positive this year is my oldest comes home for a bit. The ISU connection has been a huge thing lately, we always got along well, but it’s like there’s finally some added respect because of actually having crossed that river and he sees that my stupid advice when he was in HS wasn’t as stupid as first thought.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
im past starting, I kinda dread it yearly. One positive this year is my oldest comes home for a bit. The ISU connection has been a huge thing lately, we always got along well, but it’s like there’s finally some added respect because of actually having crossed that river and he sees that my stupid advice when he was in HS wasn’t as stupid as first thought.

Yeah, its weird when you realize your parents were right all those years. Who would have thought that.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Is he an older individual? Seems backwards for someone in their 20s.

I will probably have to duck for cover, but outside of trades and maybe an occasional minor class, I’m not a fan of community colleges. The more ive dealt with small private schools also, I’m more and more relieved that my oldest flipped to ISU. Now if I could just get them to shave those 20 open electives down so people can get out a semester earlier and make it more affordable, would be great.
I was talking to somebody recently about colleges. Their daughter is a senior and is going to attend the University of Manitoba. It evidently is a very good engineering school, costs less than half of what the University of Minnesota costs (in-state tuition), and you generally graduate in three years. The biggest drawback seems to be the language barrier. There just aren't many people that speak Canadian.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I was talking to somebody recently about colleges. Their daughter is a senior and is going to attend the University of Manitoba. It evidently is a very good engineering school, costs less than half of what the University of Minnesota costs (in-state tuition), and you generally graduate in three years. The biggest drawback seems to be the language barrier. There just aren't many people that speak Canadian.

Eh?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It gets tough when you start to think that greed conquers all. The whole concept of gift giving has gotten way out of hand. Those commercials with the new cars in the driveway wrapped in huge red bows make me want to barf.
If you believe commercials you should be buying a gift for every single person you have ever crossed paths with.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I bet he stinks at baking.

While not the best, I’m not the worst.

People are always surprised at what I can do, like anything that needs to be sewed.....yep that’s me. When first married, I would do a large amount of the cooking, never with recipes which the wife still uses for things she has made many times. When you are the youngest on the farm you get to help dad work the fields and livestock AND help mom with household things. Probably why 4-5 hours of sleep is my norm.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
It gets tough when you start to think that greed conquers all. The whole concept of gift giving has gotten way out of hand. Those commercials with the new cars in the driveway wrapped in huge red bows make me want to barf.

Yeah, gift giving is a big thing on the gf's side. Where my side, because we didn't have a lot of money, its more about getting together and having fun. Not saying either is right or wrong.

Then add the fact that both sides think they have to have the get together on the holiday, and it's a recipe for disaster.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

learn Eehh and you should be half home.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Felt sorry for the radio guy last night at the wrestling meet so I wondered over. Has a new guy but he apparently showed up late and sat in the crowd then. Was a meet where I probably was the better option. A lot of breaks and I’m probably better at filling those 30 minute holes in action with minor comedy routines or off the cuff stuff and somehow tie it to something wrestling. We talked about 5 minutes about drama club on the radio. The radio guy perked up when I mentioned them and went on a tear, apparently that is his wheelhouse.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Yeah, gift giving is a big thing on the gf's side. Where my side, because we didn't have a lot of money, its more about getting together and having fun. Not saying either is right or wrong.

Then add the fact that both sides think they have to have the get together on the holiday, and it's a recipe for disaster.
I usually dread the thought of opening presents for myself. In a weird way, it's actually made me appreciate what I do receive even more.

The gift-giving thing might be more of a personality thing than a family thing. Exchanging gifts isn't a big deal to me (like you, I enjoy the getting together with family part) but it is to my wife. I feel like we were raised in very similar families. Our parents are almost exact clones of each other personality-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.