Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Speaking of mom's house, the woman that wanted to buy it was going to buy it for her daughter. Her daughter doesn't want it so on the market it shall go. My other sister already told the realtor. If I can get the consignment people out there next week I can most likely get the realtor out there as well.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Speaking of mom's house, the woman that wanted to buy it was going to buy it for her daughter. Her daughter doesn't want it so on the market it shall go. My other sister already told the realtor. If I can get the consignment people out there next week I can most likely get the realtor out there as well.
Are you good with being volunteered like that?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Apparently some of the PITA neighbors have a friend who is VERY interested in my moms house. Don’t think I want to have her as a neighbor (house not listed and sis and I are unsure what we should do, haven’t even went through it yet). Thinking about throwing out a monster number as a take it or leave it and then building a fence if they take it.

Do I have to bring up the burn it down for the insurance money option. Always a sound alternative worth consideration. :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Do I have to bring up the burn it down for the insurance money option. Always a sound alternative worth consideration. :rolleyes:

That is a fantastic idea. Just have to empty all the good stuff out and make sure it doesn’t accidentally catch ours on fire. Then again, I’d like to move, so I should call the insurance guy and see how much coverage they each have.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That is a fantastic idea. Just have to empty all the good stuff out and make sure it doesn’t accidentally catch ours on fire. Then again, I’d like to move, so I should call the insurance guy and see how much coverage they each have.

Always best to store the stuff you want to save offsite. Having it all in the driveway when the fire department arrives looks suspicious.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: wxman1 and BCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm not getting volunteered for anything. These are my choices. My older sister has done a ton of work and I'm just trying to do my part and keep things moving along.
I may have misinterpreted your previous comment. I didn't see the period between these two sentences...
My other sister already told the realtor. If I can get the consignment people out there next week I can most likely get the realtor out there as well.
...and read it to mean that your sister was telling the realtor what you could do and when. It brought back memories of my stepmother passing, and assumptions made regarding what people were going to do, and how quickly.

My apologies.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I am uncontrollable in baby threads.
To answer your question, Thanksgiving was the best holiday ever. We would've liked to see my family but weather kept us at home. My in-laws live 8 miles away and we didn't see them because my FIL is an idiot and wouldn't get his flu shot. Mama Bear refuses to subject lil IcSyU to that so we don't go to their house.

I used to work for my FIL and have been told he won't get his flu shot because he doesn't want to have to see me. I dig it as does my wife.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
To answer your question, Thanksgiving was the best holiday ever. We would've liked to see my family but weather kept us at home. My in-laws live 8 miles away and we didn't see them because my FIL is an idiot and wouldn't get his flu shot. Mama Bear refuses to subject lil IcSyU to that so we don't go to their house.

I used to work for my FIL and have been told he won't get his flu shot because he doesn't want to have to see me. I dig it as does my wife.

sounds like a self-solving problem right there

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I have gotten the flu shot twice in my life. I’ve also had bronchitis twice in my life. Will let you guess when those incidents correspond to each other.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Holy cow what a weather change. Throw out having to work outside most the day it was pretty darn chilly. Equipment problems sure put a crimp in the day, think I've got it figured out so hopefully fix and reassemble tomorrow late morning or afternoon.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Holy cow what a weather change. Throw out having to work outside most the day it was pretty darn chilly. Equipment problems sure put a crimp in the day, think I've got it figured out so hopefully fix and reassemble tomorrow late morning or afternoon.

Hit the magical line 10 miles into Iowa today. Perfectly clear and then pow, 100 foot visibility at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.