Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We looked at bowl packages and discussed it...but once again, coming right after a big Thanksgiving trip we've decided "ehhhh, maybe next year", despite the fact that this bowl is at the perfect time for us to go. :(

I have to admit, though, it's nice to be able to say "maybe next year, since bowls are occurring with far more frequency than they used to. :D
Yeah, I won't be going either. I'm 3-1 in ISU bowl games, so they will have to do it on their own this time. The good news is my SIL who is something like 0-4 in bowl games she has attended won't be going either. She ruined my string of bowl victories by going with me last year.

Mrs. Velo even started to look at taking the whole family and seeing a park for a couple of days, but man I don't know how anyone ever affords to take their family to any of the parks down there. I'm not taking out a second mortgage to go see Mickey.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
@BCClone I'm replying to your post in the surly thread. My sister doesn't talk to anyone at school other than her teammates for the same reason.

I think it’s dumb. I made the mistake a year or two ago at mills fleet farm. Had a question and the only person around was way up on a ladder, had same haircut as me and a rounder shape. I called them Sir, they climbed down turned around and chewed me out, I was still unsure if I had made a mistake on gender but didn’t mean it meanly.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I think it’s dumb. I made the mistake a year or two ago at mills fleet farm. Had a question and the only person around was way up on a ladder, had same haircut as me and a rounder shape. I called them Sir, they climbed down turned around and chewed me out, I was still unsure if I had made a mistake on gender but didn’t mean it meanly.

Unfortunately sometimes even if you get the gender right, some people are still offended by being called Sir or Ma'am these days.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Yeah, I won't be going either. I'm 3-1 in ISU bowl games, so they will have to do it on their own this time. The good news is my SIL who is something like 0-4 in bowl games she has attended won't be going either. She ruined my string of bowl victories by going with me last year.

Mrs. Velo even started to look at taking the whole family and seeing a park for a couple of days, but man I don't know how anyone ever affords to take their family to any of the parks down there. I'm not taking out a second mortgage to go see Mickey.
You could start saving up for Disney's Star Wars starcruiser hotel

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/

Rumors are a 3 day/2 night stay will be about $3,300 per person. So you can send your kid to college or take the family to Disney for the weekend.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/08/25/disney-star-wars-hotel/

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Z got to open one of her presents early. It was Elsa and Nokk the water horse (spirit). I've had some of the funniest 'phone' conversations t his weekend. Did you know that Elsa has an Iphone 11?
Elsa/Z: Is my Iphone 11 water proof? I'll freeze it!
Me: .... When did Arandael get phones?

Elsa/Z: Who is this?
Me: Hi this is your baker. are you coming down for lunch?
Elsa: No. I'm not hungry. Go freeze it.

Elsa: Hello?
Me: Hello, you have won at trip to....
Elsa: click

Elsa: Hello, who is calling me?
Me: (robot voice): If you would like to take a trip to Spain press 1. If you would like to win at trip to Florida press 2...
Elsa: .... Stop calling me!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Z got to open one of her presents early. It was Elsa and Nokk the water horse (spirit). I've had some of the funniest 'phone' conversations t his weekend. Did you know that Elsa has an Iphone 11?
Elsa/Z: Is my Iphone 11 water proof? I'll freeze it!
Me: .... When did Arandael get phones?

Elsa/Z: Who is this?
Me: Hi this is your baker. are you coming down for lunch?
Elsa: No. I'm not hungry. Go freeze it.

Elsa: Hello?
Me: Hello, you have won at trip to....
Elsa: click

Elsa: Hello, who is calling me?
Me: (robot voice): If you would like to take a trip to Spain press 1. If you would like to win at trip to Florida press 2...
Elsa: .... Stop calling me!

Cool, but does she have the banana stickers collection? :rolleyes:

banana stickers dec 2019 cf scale.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I would seriously consider taking **** like that to the manager. You are in a customer service position and a customer makes a mistake on your gender when you are far away with your back turned? If you are chewing a customer out for that - which clearly there is a pretty good chance that it is an honest mistake - then any customer service position may not be right for you. I have had to put up with much, much worse quite frequently in my working career. The customer may not always be right, but they are always the customer.

/end rant/

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I believe it is a new product this year aimed at getting a clearer advisory out there.
Kinda sounds like what we had this morning out here. It only snowed for about 20 minutes, but the wind was so strong the snow was falling sideways. It left behind about a half inch, and the sky is a beautiful cloudless blue just a few hours later.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I would seriously consider taking **** like that to the manager. You are in a customer service position and a customer makes a mistake on your gender when you are far away with your back turned? If you are chewing a customer out for that - which clearly there is a pretty good chance that it is an honest mistake - then any customer service position may not be right for you. I have had to put up with much, much worse quite frequently in my working career. The customer may not always be right, but they are always the customer.

/end rant/
Sounds bad but I have low expectations for service in box stores. So I usually figure they are having a bad life and be thankful for my blessings and abilities.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Sounds bad but I have low expectations for service in box stores. So I usually figure they are having a bad life and be thankful for my blessings and abilities.

I hate to admit, but I have low expectations for customer service in general these days. I'm genuinely shocked and grateful when I do receive actual good service

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Apparently some of the PITA neighbors have a friend who is VERY interested in my moms house. Don’t think I want to have her as a neighbor (house not listed and sis and I are unsure what we should do, haven’t even went through it yet). Thinking about throwing out a monster number as a take it or leave it and then building a fence if they take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron