Far too much controversy here...

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
ISU got Orlando over Kansas St. because of fairly equal seasons, more attractive story lines, and a much better fan base.

Really isn’t much to add to it other than that.

• Agree
Reactions: CubsClones1

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Neal Brown did a good job with that program. Next to Klieman, he was the best hire.

Vegas had the WVU win total at 5.5 for the year and Brown went 5-7. Iowa State beat them by 24 in Morgantown and Tech beat them by 21 in Morgantown. They lost by 31 at Mizzou this year. When exactly did Neal Brown do this great coaching other than a single November weekend in Manhattan. Every metric says they were easily the 9th best team in the conference getting outscored on average 20-30 every game. This is the most insane post you have ever had.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Vegas had the WVU win total at 5.5 for the year and Brown went 5-7. Iowa State beat them by 24 in Morgantown and Tech beat them by 21 in Morgantown. They lost by 31 at Mizzou this year. When exactly did Neal Brown do this great coaching other than a single November weekend in Manhattan. Every metric says they were easily the 9th best team in the conference getting outscored on average 20-30 every game. This is the most insane post you have ever had.
He also took BU to OT and beat TCU. And he had very little to work with. What did Vegas have ISU's win total for the year?

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Klieman looks like a good hire, but he inherited by far the best situation and loses a ton going into 2020, so there’s a slight asterisk next to him being the best hire.

Klieman has a ton coming back is what you meant, right? Josh Youngblood, Malik Knowles, Skylar Thompson, AJ Parker, Blake Lynch, Wyatt Hubert, Elijah Sullivan, on and on.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
He also took BU to OT and beat TCU. And he had very little to work with. What did Vegas have ISU's win total for the year?

Baylor didn’t go into OT. So you should get your facts straight. Vegas win total for ISU was at 6.5 in 2018 and 8.0 in 2019. As a point of reference KSU win total was 6.5 in 2018 when they went 5-7.

Win Totals for this year
West Virginia 5.5
Kansas 3.0
Texas Tech 6.0
Kansas State 6.0
Oklahoma State 6.5
Baylor 6.5
TCU 7.5
Iowa State 8.0
Texas 9.5
Oklahoma 10.5

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

So now we're able to use beating teams under .500 for our argument?

• Winner
Reactions: IndyClone15

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Baylor didn’t go into OT. So you should get your facts straight. Vegas win total for ISU was at 6.5 in 2018 and 8.0 in 2019. As a point of reference KSU win total was 6.5 in 2018 when they went 5-7.

Win Totals for this year
West Virginia 5.5
Kansas 3.0
Texas Tech 6.0
Kansas State 6.0
Oklahoma State 6.5
Baylor 6.5
TCU 7.5
Iowa State 8.0
Texas 9.5
Oklahoma 10.5
What in the world does 2018 have to do with this discussion? Four of the schools don't even have the same coaches. But I like that you put these 2019 numbers up as they tell another story, they got Ku correct.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
So now we're able to use beating teams under .500 for our argument?

It is really simple if you look at this from a Kenpom/Phil Steele metrics standpoint. KSU and ISU have 9 common opponents. KSU had 5 home games versus ISU’s four.

KSU outscored opponents on average 26-24 in conference while ISU outscored 32-27. KSU was outgained on average 348-400 in yards. ISU outgained conference opponents on average 434-372.

Iowa State offensive yard per play was 6.58 (#16 nationally). Kansas State was 5.62 (#81 nationally. ISU defensive yard per play allowed was 5.23 (#37 nationally) and KSU was at 6.13 (#97 nationally).

As a KSU fan I would be happy that the game was played in a 45 mph crosswind. Luckily the Camping World Bowl could see the difference in strength of numbers and fanbase.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You know what they say about statistics. And by the way, didn't K-State play in the same conditions as ISU or was the wind only blowing when ISU had the ball? I was there. Didn't seem that way to us. Damned cold though.

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
What in the world does 2018 have to do with this discussion? Four of the schools don't even have the same coaches. But I like that you put these 2019 numbers up as they tell another story, they got Ku correct.

The “real story” is contained in the numbers which show that KSU numbers support them being the 6th or 7th best squad in the Big 12. Nothing short of a miracle to go 8-4 while being outgained by 52 yards every game and while being outgained .51 yards per play. By metrics they are probably the 70-75th best team in the nation. I have to think that the bowl committee saw those numbers and didn’t want a non-competitive situation in the Alamo, Camping World or Texas Bowl.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Klieman has a ton coming back is what you meant, right? Josh Youngblood, Malik Knowles, Skylar Thompson, AJ Parker, Blake Lynch, Wyatt Hubert, Elijah Sullivan, on and on.

Announcers said you started five senior linemen, that’s a major thing right there.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
No, he loses a ton.

Leading rusher: gone
Leading receiver: gone
Most experienced OL in the country: all 5 gone

Leading tackler: gone
4 of top 5 DL: gone
Starting LB: gone

That’s a lot to lose.

Reactions: WalkingCY

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
You know what they say about statistics. And by the way, didn't K-State play in the same conditions as ISU or was the wind only blowing when ISU had the ball? I was there. Didn't seem that way to us. Damned cold though.

If you don’t accept metrics as evidence of strength then you probably don’t believe in things like Global warning either. As for the same conditions argument, ISU throws for 318 yards per game compared to 186 yards per game for KSU. Which team will a 45 mph cross wind effect more? KSU was the tougher team that night and controlled the line of scrimmage in the run. The elements took care of the rest.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
If you don’t accept metrics as evidence of strength then you probably don’t believe in things like Global warning either. As for the same conditions argument, ISU throws for 318 yards per game compared to 186 yards per game for KSU. Which team will a 45 mph cross wind effect more? KSU was the tougher team that night and controlled the line of scrimmage in the run. The elements took care of the rest.

I guarantee you the purple idiot doesn't believe in climate change. Raging RWNJ.

• Dislike
Reactions: CloneFan4

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The “real story” is contained in the numbers which show that KSU numbers support them being the 6th or 7th best squad in the Big 12. Nothing short of a miracle to go 8-4 while being outgained by 52 yards every game and while being outgained .51 yards per play. By metrics they are probably the 70-75th best team in the nation. I have to think that the bowl committee saw those numbers and didn’t want a non-competitive situation in the Alamo, Camping World or Texas Bowl.

Ooooh, I'd be careful about picking winners and losers and suggesting someone's non-competitive. ND has a good club.

And listen up, K-State has a fine opponent. Navy is 9-2 and ranked #21.

In a little while, this bowl order will be a non-story anyway for both our fanbases. Sorta like winning the recruiting battle. All that will matter is who won the games.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I guarantee you the purple idiot doesn't believe in climate change. Raging RWNJ.

She has personally turned me against a team and fanbase that I legitimately liked. If she isn’t just trolling then God help us.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycho1

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
She has personally turned me against a team and fanbase that I legitimately liked. If she isn’t just trolling then God help us.
strong-woman-quote-dead.jpg

• Dislike
Reactions: SerenityNow

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron