I predict Pollard will seize the moment and Extend Campbell...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I predict Jamie Pollard will seize the moment and inject some good news into the fan base following a tough loss to K-State and sign Campbell to an extension. This will help build some additional excitement around our 3rd bowl trip in 3 years. It will be another positive for bowl reps making decisions one week from today.

It will happen this week - perhaps as early as Tuesday.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
www.facebook.com
I predict Jamie Pollard will seize the moment and inject some good news into the fan base following a tough loss to K-State and sign Campbell to an extension. This will help build some additional excitement around our 3rd bowl trip in 3 years. It will be another positive for bowl reps making decisions one week from today.

I get what you're saying but, do we really need to do this after every season? We just gave him an extension and he's indicated that he and his family are happy here. I say hold off for now

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I get what you're saying but, do we really need to do this after every season? We just gave him an extension and he's indicated that he and his family are happy here. I say hold off for now
Kinda SOP. You write small raises into the contract and if the coach does decent you give him what you normally would as a PR thing.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
For those that don't think he needs a raise, go to the message boards for any power 5 school with an opening CMC is towards the top of their lists.

An extension and raise for the coach and the staff is appropriate. Jamie and Matt's wife can figure it out, I am not sure Matt pays much attention to the money.

I think the past two years JP and his wife have gone over to the Campbell's for breakfast the day after the season ends and figured it out.

I don't think JP is going to let other schools think they have a chance.

BTW, the Arkansas 247 board was claiming that their AD was getting ready to offer over $5 million to someone, and that Campbell was on the top of the list.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017

We need to keep our coach

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Is it wrong that I hope Manning takes the “NFL promotion”?
Yes- There are legit reasons to grumble about the offense, but it keeps making strides. Let's keep in mind he was a MAC position coach just a few years ago. The guy is young and still learning. And the O was light years ahead of last year after losing Butler and Montgomery.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Think about being disappointed with a 7-5 season. I wish we did better, but having a winning conference record only happened once from Duncan to Campbell if I’m not mistaken. We have to relax and be content that 7-5 seems off compared to 3-9 in the past. Still can get 8 wins.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Hopefully that is the case.

Look around at what other schools are paying. There may be fans ******** about our results this year, but if Campbell left we'd have to pay a hell of a lot more to get someone with the same results to replace him.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Think about being disappointed with a 7-5 season. I wish we did better, but having a winning conference record only happened once from Duncan to Campbell if I’m not mistaken. We have to relax and be content that 7-5 seems off compared to 3-9 in the past. Still can get 8 wins.

I don't know that we have to be content. But I think we have to realize that he is improving the program.