I predict Pollard will seize the moment and Extend Campbell...

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
We were like...15th in the country in fewest three and outs.

Should we shitcan Heacock too since the defense took a step back this year? Defense was given the lead and blew it against Iowa. Defense was given the lead and blew it in Waco. Defense gave up 3 50+ yard TDs against OSU on its own field. Defense buried the offense in Norman. Defense was awful against Kansas.

I'd love to hear what offense ISU has had recently that you would have rather had than this one. It's really easy to cherry pick things to fit your narrative, as shown above.

there is a lot of group think. Mostly it’s emo people looking for someone to blame.

things like facts are irrelevant. The narrative has been the defense is awesome offense sucks for the fanbase. They aren’t going to let it go now.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Extend him every year after a winning season. Adds years and ups the buyout with a raise for people involved. The buyout is our friend

I don't think it really ups the buyout.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Have you ever taken a Statistics class? What's the very first thing they teach in every Stats class? There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Yes, we broke nearly every every offensive record in school history this year - and yet this year when we most needed the offense to perform more often than not it resulted in a 3-and-out, and usually because Manning thought he was the smartest guy in the room. I'll trade every one of those damn records broken this year for timely performance.

I literally never heard that phrase in any stat or research math class.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
I predict Jamie Pollard will seize the moment and inject some good news into the fan base following a tough loss to K-State and sign Campbell to an extension. This will help build some additional excitement around our 3rd bowl trip in 3 years. It will be another positive for bowl reps making decisions one week from today.

It will happen this week - perhaps as early as Tuesday.
What does an extension really mean?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We were like...15th in the country in fewest three and outs.

Should we shitcan Heacock too since the defense took a step back this year? Defense was given the lead and blew it against Iowa. Defense was given the lead and blew it in Waco. Defense gave up 3 50+ yard TDs against OSU on its own field. Defense buried the offense in Norman. Defense was awful against Kansas.

I'd love to hear what offense ISU has had recently that you would have rather had than this one. It's really easy to cherry pick things to fit your narrative, as shown above.

Things like getting sucked inside and missing the pitch man are where the defense struggled all season.

That 30ish yard run by KSU in the 4th last night was due to ISU not playing to assignment and was not new.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Matt has provisions in his contract for performance. I doubt there will be another extension.

Manning is getting blown up for interview requests, though. That 35ppg after losing two nfl draft picks is gonna make him a lot of money.
Win win!

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Correct, I said ISU was favored against Iowa until game week. OU was the game we were never favored in.

This is what is disappointing this year. The program is so solid now under Campbell we actually were favored in all of those games. Game time we under performed the odds not just under preformed our Cyclone fan expectations. Most years in the past if you skipped the game and just took the odds for the win/loss we would be 3-9, this year would have been 10-2 but in real life was 7-5. The games were close, except for KSU, but a loss is loss, it ain't the old times were I get much solace from keeping it close. :oops:

Remember, this is our coach who called out 6-6 as BS and we are 7-5. If we can't do better than 7-5 or 8-4 the next couple of seasons we'll be looking back at this as a yuge missed opportunity.

Reactions: norcalcy