Football Season Postmortem

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
Most disappointing part of the season was the lack of improvement from week to week. From UNI to KSU, the same issues were there. The team was unchanged. Great season by ISU standards. But the same can’t be said for most p5 programs. The series with KSU is like Michigan/tOSU or Virginia/Virginia Tech. It’s sad.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Definitely. This is the same guy that said only bull **** programs care about 6-6.

And, again, what has he done that makes you think he is satisfied with how the season went? Do you want him to call you personally and tell you?

As a person that cares about his players, I don't know why anyone would expect him to come out and do what you all seem to want him to do.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Agreed. Just hoping that message started being conveyed after the UNI game and not after the Kansas game. Seems like a discussion you shouldn't have to be having 12 weeks in.

Noted. I'll have Campbell give you a call and tell you when he started it.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I love Campbell and what he’s done here. With that said, without Purdy these last two years we're most likely ready to run him out of town...

Absolutely terrible post. Last I checked, recruiting is part of program development.

So if you’re not going to give the staff credit for recruiting the players on the field, then you’re not here for an honest argument.

maybe stick with praising Iowa basketball.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
I member when 7 losses was considered a good season. Cuz that was like 5 years ago.

Absolutely. I have worried that with our past history of super high hopes after 1 decent performance that sustained improvement would yield an uprising. There is some illegitimate suffering going on but mostly disappoinment in not achieving preseason expectations.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
You sure you want to die on the hill of defending the op? You want to align yourself with a guy that only shows up to rip the programs and coaches?

What am I saying. Of course you do.
I have no clue the OP's posting history because unlike you I don't stalk people on here. I'm just tired of your dumb ass bullying people on here. I'd side with literally anyone on this site over you

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I’d agree with a lot of points here. I’d honestly like to see Campbell have more of an input into the play calling, because some of the falling was just mind boggling. Like throwing a 1 yard cross route on 3rd and long expecting something to come from it, or running it up the gut today with 2:30 left, down two scores.

Can you link your posts last season defending the play calling, because people lost their minds on the fact that he called plays last year.

thanks for the links in advance.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Well, without (fill in the name of star player for any team), most fanbases would be ready to run their coach out of town. That is a weird argument.
Is it?!? He’s been worth by himself 4-5 wins.

Think about his individual plays these last two years.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
At the end of the night, I suspect that everyone will be giving Rhoads credit for Campbell's success ;)

Only if this game made people start smoking crack. Not that this kind of game doesn't make one want to switch to harder substances than alcohol...

• Funny
Reactions: CYDJ

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think here is the question that we all need to answer.

Are we confident that the leadership our program has is moving the program in a positive direction? If so, I think we have to trust in what we've got. Programs are built in fits and starts. This year was a little bit of a fit.

If you don't think the program is going in the right direction, you should be advocating for a coaching change and probably should just find another team to support.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Absolutely terrible post. Last I checked, recruiting is part of program development.

So if you’re not going to give the staff credit for recruiting the players on the field, then you’re not here for an honest argument.

maybe stick with praising Iowa basketball.
Read my first sentence again and generally chill out in life.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron