STAFF PICKS: Jalen Terry

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
@jakeweingarten Just spoke with Jalen Terry, Top-50 senior, he told me that he plans on making his college decision ‘soon’ but has plans to sign during the late period.

In addition, missed Oregon visit this weekend due to being sick.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Terry looks to be taking a pause and taking time on his decision. Looks like staff will have some time to assess the roster and see if terry would be a good spring target.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...aire-williams-hunter-dickinson-michigan-state

“ Sources indicate that Terry is now in no rush to make his college decision. Originally, it was thought that LSU, Louisville, Ole Miss and and Oregon had a shot with the top-50 guard. Now, Terry has opened things up entirely and is willing to hear any and every program out.

Terry has three official visits to give and I would bet that he visits Oregon at some point. From there, don’t be surprised if a few others enter his recruitment. With Terry now in no hurry, he could be one of the final members of his class to commit, which may see things seep deeper into the 2020 calendar year.”

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Terry looks to be taking a pause and taking time on his decision. Looks like staff will have some time to assess the roster and see if terry would be a good spring target.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...aire-williams-hunter-dickinson-michigan-state

“ Sources indicate that Terry is now in no rush to make his college decision. Originally, it was thought that LSU, Louisville, Ole Miss and and Oregon had a shot with the top-50 guard. Now, Terry has opened things up entirely and is willing to hear any and every program out.

Terry has three official visits to give and I would bet that he visits Oregon at some point. From there, don’t be surprised if a few others enter his recruitment. With Terry now in no hurry, he could be one of the final members of his class to commit, which may see things seep deeper into the 2020 calendar year.”
He’s clearly waiting to see what Haliburton will do.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
So Haliburton has gone from mid 3 star recruit to valued role player as a Freshman to best PG in the draft as a Sophomore. Pretty sure this is going to be more about whether Prohm wants Terry than if Terry wants ISU.
True. And I have an odd feeling Steve Prohm may think he already has his point guard...in an unheralded 6’5” 3 star recruit.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Retire Tyrese's number because he's going to be gone long before he graduates.
If Tyrese puts these numbers up on a nightly basis, he's going to be hovering around that lottery pick status. If that's the case he absolutely should head to the league. It'd suck to not have him next year because next year's team is going to be very fun to watch, but Prohm having a lottery pick on his resume would be huge for this program and his future recruiting.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
You also have to consider whether he wants Bronny Jr. over Terry.

That's exactly what I'm say'n. Haliburton is going to take Prohm's street cred to a whole new level.

Prohm getting the PG he wants year after year on a 2 year plan gives us a base to build a true national power.

Reactions: HouClone

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
If Tyrese puts these numbers up on a nightly basis, he's going to be hovering around that lottery pick status. If that's the case he absolutely should head to the league. It'd suck to not have him next year because next year's team is going to be very fun to watch, but Prohm having a lottery pick on his resume would be huge for this program and his future recruiting.[/QUOTE]

I have have heard third hand that TH is a likely (not guaranteed) lottery pick with what he has already shown last year plus this summer. He may have a shot at top three if he continues to play like he has recently.