Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Southern-Miss.png
vs
site.png

IOWA STATE (2-1, 0-0 BIG 12)
VS. SOUTHERN MISS (1-1, 0-0 C-USA)
TUESDAY, NOV. 19 | 7 P.M. CST
AMES, IOWA | HILTON COLISEUM COLISEUM (14,384)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)
TV: Cyclones.tv
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Beat the Brett Favres!

Tough ones coming up in the tournament so let's hope that the young guys continue to get comfortable in D1 and the offense finds some rhythm.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Those GIFs remind me how good we could be if Haliburton and Conditt turn out to be our best two players. They have the two highest ceilings of anybody on the current roster.

• Agree
Reactions: Malone

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Eustachy still coaches there, right?

Nope. He left after the 2012 season and went to Colorado State: Wiki

Doc Sadler actually coached there the last 5 years up until joining Hoiberg's staff at NU this year.

Their first year coach is a guy named Jay Ladner who coached the last 5 years at Southeastern Louisiana. Also, Southern Miss is his alma mater.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Gave Southern Miss a quick look while finishing coffee this morning..

The strength for Southern Miss seems to be their bigs. 6'9" 260 lb senior Boban Jacdonmi is averaging 19 and 9 so far this year. Freshmen forward Artur Konontsuk seems to be their stretch 4 type averaging over 13 a game and shooting 67% from the field. They seem to be a good rebounding team but are also highly turnover prone.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Those GIFs remind me how good we could be if Haliburton and Conditt turn out to be our best two players. They have the two highest ceilings of anybody on the current roster.

Interesting point...
Haliburton is the best player all around player and that wont change.
Conditt has the highest post ceiling and is the most impactfull of the posts in the first 3 games. He does need to demonstrate an ability to avoid fouls to get the majority of minutes.

If we're looking for highest ceiling, we could add in 3 other potential candidates, Bolton, Griffin and dark horse of Jackson.

I'd actually be surprised if Bolton doesn't lead the team in scoring.
Zion being an ideal small ball PF to pair with Conditt if he can prove strudy on defense in the post.
Jackson for his two way guard skills and highest ceiling of 3 point shooting outcome.

I think we already know Nixon, Jacobson, and Young will give good sound production but not the high end outcomes.

Grill is the teams ultimate wild card and has flashed both highs and lows, I think we could see him impact later in the season but is still adjusting to the college game right now.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Let's hope the outside shooting comes around some tonight. Most of the looks they had the other night were good ones; the shots just weren't falling. Pretty much nowhere to go but up from 3-26 or whatever they were against NIU..

Reactions: Sigmapolis

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Let's hope the outside shooting comes around some tonight. Most of the looks they had the other night were good ones; the shots just weren't falling. Pretty much nowhere to go but up from 3-26 or whatever they were against NIU..
Imo it is more important we see the defense and rebounding come around.

Cyclone1995

Mar 16, 2016
If you all are looking to test the sometimes ******** that is Cyclone.TV, the WBB team is playing at 11:00 a.m. in their annual field trip game at Hilton.

I was emailing back and forth with Sidearm Sports this morning trying to get my Cyclones.tv to work (for the past week, I've only gotten audio, not video), and they never could figure out why neither the app nor logging in through Safari works, but if I search Cyclones.tv on Google and then log in that way, I can get the video now. Just in case that helps anyone else....

• Dislike
Reactions: abcguyks

Help Support Us

Become a patron