Lutovsky signs with NU.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
I am not sure if I more surprised that NU still gets high level talent off name alone since they have stunk for several years or the fact that they can’t do a thing with these players once they join the program.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
At Maryland and at home against Iowa. Iowa's strength is defense and Nebraska's biggest weakness is offense. Not sure it really even matters because I think they lose this weekend.[/QUOTE]

If that happens Frost is in big trouble, no pun intended. Maryland has pretty much thrown in the towel on the season.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I am not sure if I more surprised that NU still gets high level talent off name alone since they have stunk for several years or the fact that they can’t do a thing with these players once they join the program.
They have great facilities and support. And I'd ignore any of it to play for Matt Campbell. I trust Matt. He's getting great talent and more importantly great kids. If Iowa kids want to be among them so much the better. If not...their loss.

ISUguy

Prime Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies
Jun 27, 2006
I admit that I would have liked to get Lutovsky, as a local Iowa kid, but I’m pretty sure that CMC will come up with equal or better talent before it’s all said and done.

If there is one thing I have developed, it is complete faith in Campbell's ability to identify talent and recruit. Look at the last two years' classes and the high end talent across the board. We will be fine one way or another.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
I’ve watched Henry play since 7th grade. Great kid and great football player. Would have loved to see him in cardinal and gold but I don’t think that’ll happen. If anything in his recruiting changes I’d think it’d be him going to Iowa.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
They have great facilities and support. And I'd ignore any of it to play for Matt Campbell. I trust Matt. He's getting great talent and more importantly great kids. If Iowa kids want to be among them so much the better. If not...their loss.

The have a water fountain in their athletic offices.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
There needs to be a "scared straight" program to offset the Nebraska marketing/branding efforts in befuddling naive Iowa and other out-state kids who might go there. Scared straight from the actual prison of convicts it once was and scared straight from the "prison of expectations" that comes with it. I mean, you can't even where your hoodie there.
I prefer Loyal Sons.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
scott frost going around talking sh*t about isu every step of the way is the rumour. saying how were losers and matt campbell will be gone soon and how were just a joke and how they will be winning championships soon.
There's evidence to the contrary but seems like there's a lot of that going around.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
scott frost going around talking sh*t about isu every step of the way is the rumour. saying how were losers and matt campbell will be gone soon and how were just a joke and how they will be winning championships soon.
Based on what?

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
to be honest, there is better talent outside of the state, anyway.

is it good to get in-state kids? sure. but iowa isn't really known for their high school football prospects.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
He isn't signing anywhere right now, he is committed to Nebraska, but it is a slap in the face for sure. I think we may miss on all the top talent in Iowa in 2021.
Judging by how things are looking right now, I think this is a possibility.

Bollers: Lots of P5 interest
Colby: Committed to Hoks
Fidone: Lots of P5 interest
Liddle: Life-long Hok fan
Brecht: Life-long Hok fan, insider told me he's a strong lean
Bowie: uncertain, my guess Hoks
Twedt: We passed, Probably Hok lean
Harrell: Committed to Hoks

The only two that ISU should continue to recruit is Bollers and Fidone. I believe recruiting the others hard would be a waste of time for us.

I'm a strong believer that recruiting the state of Iowa for the sake of having a bunch of Iowa guys on the team is overrated. Yes, we want to be able to pull a guy like Bollers, but we can find other guy like Bowie, Twedt and Harrell elsewhere. I really like Brecht, but I think our chances are slim to none.

This staff's pipelines are in Ohio, St. Louis and Kansas City, while they also want to establish that 6 hour radius. They have also had alot of success in Texas and Florida; two key states that every P5 should try to recruit. The talent in Ohio, Kansas, Missouri and Illinois is much better than Iowa (especially Ohio).

The other point is most of the players in Iowa fell in love with football by watching the Hoks. They wore the gear to school and got sweaters and blankets as Christmas gifts. If they don't want to be a cyclone, auf wiedersehen.

• Agree
Reactions: Carlisle Clone