Lutovsky signs with NU.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Judging by how things are looking right now, I think this is a possibility.

Bollers: Lots of P5 interest
Colby: Committed to Hoks
Fidone: Lots of P5 interest
Liddle: Life-long Hok fan
Brecht: Life-long Hok fan, insider told me he's a strong lean
Bowie: uncertain, my guess Hoks
Twedt: We passed, Probably Hok lean
Harrell: Committed to Hoks

The only two that ISU should continue to recruit is Bollers and Fidone. I believe recruiting the others hard would be a waste of time for us.

I'm a strong believer that recruiting the state of Iowa for the sake of having a bunch of Iowa guys on the team is overrated. Yes, we want to be able to pull a guy like Bollers, but we can find other guy like Bowie, Twedt and Harrell elsewhere. I really like Brecht, but I think our chances are slim to none.

This staff's pipelines are in Ohio, St. Louis and Kansas City, while they also want to establish that 6 hour radius. They have also had alot of success in Texas and Florida; two key states that every P5 should try to recruit. The talent in Ohio, Kansas, Missouri and Illinois is much better than Iowa (especially Ohio).

The other point is most of the players in Iowa fell in love with football by watching the Hoks. They wore the gear to school and got sweaters and blankets as Christmas gifts. If they don't want to be a cyclone, auf wiedersehen.
We had a couple big recruiting wins from Arizona (Purdy, Ramos) and Oklahoma (Kolar, Shaw) too.

Just get the talent in the program. Don’t worry about if the kid is from Iowa or not.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Last night when Campbell was asked about guys not seeing time that he's excited about, probably half of the guys he talked about were OL. Campbell is really excited about the OL talent coming up, seemingly more than any other position group.

Related to that, several times he commented on guys and said a couple years ago, he would've been seeing action for us, but are able to redshirt.

Ultimately there are three modes of getting talent on the field. 1.Can you get guys with other good offers to go to ISU? Purdy, Hall and Brock suggest he can. 2. Can you identify guys that are better than their rankings and offers suggest? Montgomery, Rose, Kolar, etc. prove he can. 3. Can you develop guys once they are in the program - I think we are seeing this as well.

I don't follow FB recruiting that closely. I'll be excited when they get somebody and disappointed when they miss, but this staff is a well oiled machine in terms of putting a good team together.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
scott frost going around talking sh*t about isu every step of the way is the rumour. saying how were losers and matt campbell will be gone soon and how were just a joke and how they will be winning championships soon.

Who knows about ISU long term other than the fact that Nebraska no longer had any built in advantage whatsoever over the Cyclones anymore...or the Hawkeyes, Gophers, Badgers and dozens of other program.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
scott frost going around talking sh*t about isu every step of the way is the rumour. saying how were losers and matt campbell will be gone soon and how were just a joke and how they will be winning championships soon.
I don't think that works.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Typically I'd root for the Hawks over Nebraska (being raised in the Omaha area in 80/90s will make you do crazy things) but this year, Nebby losing to Maryland and then beating the Hawks would be absolutely perfect. The funny thing is, Hawk fans know how bad Nebraska is but most are nervous about that game, especially if a bowl game is riding on it.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
There needs to be a "scared straight" program to offset the Nebraska marketing/branding efforts in befuddling naive Iowa and other out-state kids who might go there. Scared straight from the actual prison of convicts it once was and scared straight from the "prison of expectations" that comes with it. I mean, you can't even where your hoodie there.
I prefer Loyal Sons.
Two more things to be scared of with Nebraska.
1. I'd be scared to play for a coach who hid in a closet while a girl was beat up and dragged down the stairs in his apartment.
2. I'd be scared to play for a fan base that sent death threats to a player (now the coach) after he initially committed to Stanford. Yes, that Stanford that is one of the best schools on this planet.

• Agree
Reactions: dirtyninety