Scouting Seton Hall: tonight @ 7:30

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
Agree.
It’ll be huge if we can limit the easy looks for his teammates off ball screens for Powell, as well as not giving up OReb due to being out of position helping on Powell.

German from NIU was a good warmup for Powell

Agreed on both of these posts, and I'd add that we'll need to rebound better than we did (at least in the first half) on the misses after helping on the dribble drive, which will be difficult with 1-2 7 footers on the floor for Seton Hall.

In short, if we can: (1) help without over-helping; (2) to force hand-in-the face jumpers; (3) recover to get inside rebounding position and block out SH's tall/athletic bigs; and (4) Powell has an off night shooting 30% or below; then we have a good chance to pull off the upset (if we can hit 8-10 threes).

Seems easy; I'm not sure why everyone is so scared for this game.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Agreed on both of these posts, and I'd add that we'll need to rebound better than we did (at least in the first half) on the misses after helping on the dribble drive, which will be difficult with 1-2 7 footers on the floor for Seton Hall.

In short, if we can: (1) help without over-helping; (2) to force hand-in-the face jumpers; (3) recover to get inside rebounding position and block out SH's tall/athletic bigs; and (4) Powell has an off night shooting 30% or below; then we have a good chance to pull off the upset (if we can hit 8-10 threes).

Seems easy; I'm not sure why everyone is so scared for this game.

Well if you put it like that, super easy... ;)

I don't know if anyone is "scared" playing SH, rather it is a ranked P5 team ISU plays a month into the season (possibly twice). SH has also been on TV early thus easy to get familiar with them.
I'll be a tough game early for ISU and should be fun..
I am watching Michigan with the same scouting match up view in mind.