Scouting Seton Hall: tonight @ 7:30

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Powell is going to be trouble.

tenor.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Sparty escapes 76 to 73. Powell did have a look at the end.

It all goes thru him folks. We have got to tire him out and stay in front of him.

Going to be a tough team.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I go to some Seton Hall games every season - Powell is a tough scorer, as some of you saw. I thought he would be out for a couple weeks but to come back and have that much production is impressive. I have seen him have bad shooting nights though and he's not a big guy. He has very good range and can put the ball on the floor.

I missed the game last night so I need to see how good the rest of the team is this year. That's going to be a tough game for ISU.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't get the "march type of game" they were talking about other than it went down to the wire. That was a really sloppy game, last 5 minutes or so were good bball, only because guys hit crazy shots but the first 30 looked like early November. I think our SH matchup will have a lot of points, they play a style that should match up well with how Prohm likes to play. Powell is a handful but no one else is scary.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I go to some Seton Hall games every season - Powell is a tough scorer, as some of you saw. I thought he would be out for a couple weeks but to come back and have that much production is impressive. I have seen him have bad shooting nights though and he's not a big guy. He has very good range and can put the ball on the floor.

I missed the game last night so I need to see how good the rest of the team is this year. That's going to be a tough game for ISU.
Yeah maybe it’s his physique that makes him seem bigger. He’s kind of a shorter Deandre Kane with a Naz style pull up and shoot.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I don't get the "march type of game" they were talking about other than it went down to the wire. That was a really sloppy game, last 5 minutes or so were good bball, only because guys hit crazy shots but the first 30 looked like early November. I think our SH matchup will have a lot of points, they play a style that should match up well with how Prohm likes to play. Powell is a handful but no one else is scary.
You're not a K-State fan which might explain the divergence in views about quality games.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
SH got ****** on their home court last night. Why do these big 10 schools always get the calls on the road?

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Yeah maybe it’s his physique that makes him seem bigger. He’s kind of a shorter Deandre Kane with a Naz style pull up and shoot.
Huh, I remember Naz primarily being a catch and shoot guy

Dingus

May 23, 2013
You are remembering his first three years then. As a senior, Naz was seizing to the bucket a lot in hard layups.
Yeah That’s true, but the reference was to pull up jumpers, not layups. Okie st bomb aside, he didn’t often dribble before jumpers even as a sr (IIRC).

• Agree
Reactions: CyberJJJ

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Dustin Hogue had a god **** toothpick in his mouth during games. That's Boss.

Underrated Hogue moment during the OU comeback in Hilton. When he hit that 3 from the side he put his right hand to the side holding 3 out nonchalantly when the ball was barely halfway there knowing he just drilled the shot.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Seton Hall just rooled into St loius and dominated Sunday. I was going to try and catch it but FB ran late and I saw they were up by 20 in the first half so skipped it. Powell finished with 26pts. This will be a good test for our young Cyclones.

"Seton Hall scored the first 10 points and led 18-3 after 7:09. The Pirates made seven straight shots during the early blitz."
SIZE MATTERS
Seton Hall is one of nine teams in the country with more than one 7-footerr. Senior Romaro Gill and sophomore Ike Obiagu both stand 7-2. Hawaii is the only team with three 7-footers,
BIG PICTURE
Seton Hall: The Pirates showed plenty of offensive balance early when Powell struggled. They also applied defensive pressure early, forcing the Billikens to miss their first five shots. Gill blocked four shots, two early in each half."
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401168443

• Informative
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Seton Hall just rooled into St loius and dominated Sunday. I was going to try and catch it but FB ran late and I saw they were up by 20 in the first half so skipped it. Powell finished with 26pts. This will be a good test for our young Cyclones.

"Seton Hall scored the first 10 points and led 18-3 after 7:09. The Pirates made seven straight shots during the early blitz."
SIZE MATTERS
Seton Hall is one of nine teams in the country with more than one 7-footerr. Senior Romaro Gill and sophomore Ike Obiagu both stand 7-2. Hawaii is the only team with three 7-footers,
BIG PICTURE
Seton Hall: The Pirates showed plenty of offensive balance early when Powell struggled. They also applied defensive pressure early, forcing the Billikens to miss their first five shots. Gill blocked four shots, two early in each half."
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401168443
And St Louis isn't bad. Probably an NITish type team.