Texas Game

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clone4sure

Sep 5, 2014
Texas will use 4 receivers to beat our defense. they think the key to beating us is to get our secondary to play deep. any thoughts ?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
That's the opposite of what has worked to beat ISU. Go for it, Mr Mensa

Totally agree. Look for them to try and bully our d-line and power run with Elingher. Basically, they will try to Kansas State us to death.

Plus I think that is their real strength this year anyway. I'd use Elingers legs first and arm second every time.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Totally agree. Look for them to try and bully our d-line and power run with Elingher. Basically, they will try to Kansas State us to death.

Plus I think that is their real strength this year anyway. I'd use Elingers legs first and arm second every time.

I hope that's their game plan. Tough guys from Texas are soft when they come up to the frozen tundra of Ames Iowa. They won't bully our D-Line or front 6

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I hope that's their game plan. Tough guys from Texas are soft when they come up to the frozen tundra of Ames Iowa. They won't bully our D-Line or front 6

Isn't the forecast for the game to be in the mid to upper 30's? Not great, but would have been nice if temps were below freezing for the game.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
I'll be surprised if the cold bothers them. They seem to be getting healthy and their young guys that have been getting playing time are progressing. However, this one is all about ISU. Cyclones have the talent to take control of this game and win it IF they play a complete game like they have a couple of times this year (see TCU as prime example).

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

I don’t think that’s true necessarily.

They have a 220 lb RB that has 46 carries for 311 yards and 3 TDs the past 3 games.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I'll be surprised if the cold bothers them. They seem to be getting healthy and their young guys that have been getting playing time are progressing. However, this one is all about ISU. Cyclones have the talent to take control of this game and win it IF they play a complete game like they have a couple of times this year (see TCU as prime example).

If they're anything like their straw man of a coach I wouldnt be surprised.

3rdCoastClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2017
Gulf Coast of Texas
Considering it's still in the 80 s in Texas they're gonna be feeling it.
Temperatures in Austin have been dropping into the 20's and 30's this last week. Low in Austin tonight will be 36 and we've had plenty of freezing rain and snow too.

Gametime temps in the 40's won't be bothering anyone.

Go Cyclones!

Last edited: