Five Big 12 Teams with Top 15 Recruiting Classes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The Athlete did a B12 player poll on the subject. Hilton and Bramlage tied for second. The article quoted a WVU player who said he liked K-State best because of atmosphere, configuration, crowd noise, and lighting.

https://livability.com/top-10/college/10-best-college-towns/2019/ks/manhattan#:~:targetText=Why It's a Great Place,majors and 165 graduate programs.
Because he choked multiple double digit leads at Kansas so thinking about Allen Fieldhouse probably triggers panic attacks for him.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Reactions: CyDude16

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Great, now find me 3 more articles or websites stating anything close to what you just told me.

TIA.
Because Candace knows this area well, she asked Oubre about where in the Big 12 he heard the most boos.

“Kansas State is the worst,” he told her. “They’ve got a whole student section that hates your guts. They want you dead. Shout out to Kansas State but Rock Chalk, man.”

Oubre played one season at KU, then was drafted by the Wizards with the 15th overall pick in 2015. Obviously, that game in Manhattan made an impression on him.
KCStar

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Because Candace knows this area well, she asked Oubre about where in the Big 12 he heard the most boos.

“Kansas State is the worst,” he told her. “They’ve got a whole student section that hates your guts. They want you dead. Shout out to Kansas State but Rock Chalk, man.”

Oubre played one season at KU, then was drafted by the Wizards with the 15th overall pick in 2015. Obviously, that game in Manhattan made an impression on him.
KCStar

I’ve been to bramlage twice. It’s nothing to write home about

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

KCStar
Thanks for proving my point.

You’re grasping at straws, surly.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
"When the Wildcats had cut it all the way down to four with 3:58 left, the return of “Sandstorm” made the entire arena explode with a decibel count of more than 100 ... The environment at either venue creates the best rivalry in the Big 12." Rock Chalk Blog

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
“I would anticipate the same thing that we anticipate every time we go to Manhattan,” said Self, looking ahead to Part 2 of the 2017-18 Sunflower Showdown. “It'll be the best environment that we'll play in from a competitive standpoint. I mean, we won't go to a place that will rival the energy that they have for us anywhere else. We've played in front of some great home courts, but there's a little venom and hatred in this one. And they've got a lot to play for and they're playing great, so I think it'll be the toughest atmosphere we've played in this year.” Lawrence JW

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
“I would anticipate the same thing that we anticipate every time we go to Manhattan,” said Self, looking ahead to Part 2 of the 2017-18 Sunflower Showdown. “It'll be the best environment that we'll play in from a competitive standpoint. I mean, we won't go to a place that will rival the energy that they have for us anywhere else. We've played in front of some great home courts, but there's a little venom and hatred in this one. And they've got a lot to play for and they're playing great, so I think it'll be the toughest atmosphere we've played in this year.” Lawrence JW
All you are proving to me is that KSU gets up for KU more than any other game.

Aside from a bogus website I’ve never heard of and quotes from KU, please find me a list with KSU as a top venue.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
All you are proving to me is that KSU gets up for KU more than any other game.

Aside from a bogus website I’ve never heard of and quotes from KU, please find me a list with KSU as a top venue.
You can find just as many articles, soundbites, etc on how Hilton is the second best venue in the conference and is top 10 in the country. Of course a Kansas State fan is going to say their arena is better lol.

• Agree
Reactions: CySmurf

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I mean Carver Hawkeye atmosphere is pretty good during the Iowa/Iowa State game, but that doesn't make it a good venue.
That game provides a better atmosphere than other games in that arena, however I was there last year sitting right next to the student section, and it honestly was not that loud. There was just not a lot of passion and their students just weren't into it really.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I mean Carver Hawkeye atmosphere is pretty good during the Iowa/Iowa State game, but that doesn't make it a good venue.
You cannot with a straight face possibly be comparing that dungeon for any game to K-State/Ku in Bramlage?

And furthermore, I was asked to produce three pieces of evidence that Bramlage is a superior venue, which I did. Read The Athletic piece. That was a poll of B12 players.

Last edited:

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
You cannot with a straight face possibly be comparing that dungeon for any game to K-State/Ku in Bramlage?

And furthermore, I was asked to produce three pieces of evidence that Bramlage is a superior venue, which I did. Read The Athletic piece. That was a poll of B12 players.
One year...a good one by KSU standards...but year after year...good or bad. Allen Fieldhouse, Hilton Coliseum. And then everyone else in whatever order you choose.