Anyone watch OU and Ore St last night?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I did not catch this game, but saw that the Sooners came out on top. Also, Tinkle only had 17 points and was 0-4 from 3pt line. Was this because OU played outstanding D on him, or was he just having an off-night shooting the ball? How did OU look, overall? Thanks for any info!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I did not catch this game, but saw that the Sooners came out on top. Also, Tinkle only had 17 points and was 0-4 from 3pt line. Was this because OU played outstanding D on him, or was he just having an off-night shooting the ball? How did OU look, overall? Thanks for any info!
I watched some of it and it looked like OU was just not going to let Tinkle beat them on his own. They made every three for him real tough but honestly, Oregon State just wasn't making the shots they were against us. I don't think we played great defensively by any means but OSU was hitting some tough ones. OSU shot 40% from the floor, whereas against us they shot 50% from the floor against us and 57% from the three. On the offensive end, OU was 11/22 from the three point line. I think OU is going to have a similar season this year where they are very scrappy and make the tournament.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I watched some of it and it looked like OU was just not going to let Tinkle beat them on his own. They made every three for him real tough but honestly, Oregon State just wasn't making the shots they were against us. I don't think we played great defensively by any means but OSU was hitting some tough ones. OSU shot 40% from the floor, whereas against us they shot 50% from the floor against us and 57% from the three. On the offensive end, OU was 11/22 from the three point line. I think OU is going to have a similar season this year where they are very scrappy and make the tournament.
thanks for the update! The Big XII is going to be a meat grinder -- AGAIN!!

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Caught the 2nd half. OU looked tough defensively, denying a lot of perimeter looks for Oregon St. Oregon St was getting penetration, but they were having a hard time finishing at/near the rim. Austin Reaves is the missing piece that made OU a bubble team last year. He is no Trae Young, but he looks like the real deal. Everybody else is back, including Brady Manek for his seemingly 6th year of eligibility (jimlad) I'd expect them to be firmly IN the field of 64 (68, whatever) this year

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Oklahoma tried to give it away but Oregon state really missed a lot of close in shots. They had better guys to match on tinkle

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Team flat out didn't execute defensively against OSU. They aren't that good. That was a win we should and prob need.
Yeah I can't pretend to know how good Oregon State is, or what their potential is, but I think you gotta tell yourself that they are a fringe tournament team, or at the very least a bubble team. You have to tell yourself that, at least this early in the year. Kind of like that Mizzou team a couple years ago.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman