Why the Herman Hate?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Aside from character issues, the MensaMan basically said after he left that you just can't win in Ames. Can't recruit to Ames, etc. Good chance he may have been the guy who came up with the airport excuse.

Reactions: nboltz

Topshelf

Jan 31, 2007
Ames, IA
Good solid points by all of you.... what has he done that makes everyone so angry? I'm only asking because I don't watch Texas. I just know he cause a lot of anger out of all Cyclone fans.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Good solid points by all of you.... what has he done that makes everyone so angry? I'm only asking because I don't watch Texas. I just know he cause a lot of anger out of all Cyclone fans.

I think if you dig around you'll find some not so nice rumors about him. Could be they are confirmed.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It’s not just Cyclone fans.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Some of it comes from his differences with Rhoads back when we all though Rhoads was a good coach on the rise (and everyone's drinking buddy). We blamed Herman for holding us back, but the big wins dried up after his departure (along with key players graduating).

Others have tales/allegations of him with young women around campus, and whatever else people blame him for.

Add the Mensa thing, and people don't like the idea that he might be smarter than they are. He might and he might not, but hearing it brings defensiveness out of people.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I'll play the contrarian. I don't hate 'em. He has a proven track record of success.

We'll beat Texas Saturday, but the Big XII needs Texas to be relevant nationally most years and he is getting them there (although gonna be a little hiccup this year with all the defensive injuries).

He had little to work with at ISU (and a brutal schedule to tend with....and a head coach) when he was offensive coordinator. He has shown he knows how to coach at several places now.

(maybe I don't know the whole "baggage story" that some seem to be alluding too...but if I wanted soap operas, I"d watch daytime TV. Not interested in bringing that into my football.)

Reactions: Topshelf

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Well for starters...

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif