STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
maybe yeah but trust me... the fans will be way more upset about this than the coaches are and they’re the ones that actually invested time and money into this.

ISU will be active on the mid year transfer market and in all likelihood will land a player better than Xavier, albeit a shorter cyclone career than he would’ve had.

No offense but I’ll believe that when I see it. They are going to need somebody to play next year in the post and Prohm’s big man recruiting, especially in the transfer market is spotty at best.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I would like to think as ISU fans we are big enough to not get super defensive when the Iowa fans come here to pound their chest tomorrow. I know it might seem petty, but they haven’t landed a recruit with another Power 5 offer since early August of 2017 so let them have their day.

Last edited:

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Dude seems mad.

3fxwlm.jpg

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Xavier should have fun playing in Hilton two years. I’m sure he’s going to get nice receptions

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
No offense but I’ll believe that when I see it. They are going to need somebody to play next year in the post and Prohm’s big man recruiting, especially in the transfer market is spotty at best.
They already have Young, Conditt, Griffin and Blackwell. Ideally they'll get some type of transfer, but they don't need someone to come in and play right away next year.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Can’t wait to go back and quote a bunch of messages guaranteeing him being a cyclone tomorrow at work. You people are clowns. He’s was going to be a hawk from the beginning.

Only reason we had any hope was because of you idiots. Nice work losers

People were wrong on the internet. Good thing you’re here to set them straight.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I was told that he was not going to the Iowa game on Friday, so either Xavier and his father misled Iowa State, or something changed and he decided to go. Although I was confident he’d be a Cyclone, and we’ll see what happens, I did state many times that you never know with a young kid. I hope he chooses Iowa State, but if he doesn’t, good luck to him

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I can confirm that his dad has been an issue. But it seems like we were willing to deal with it for Xavier’s potential.
Just my opinion, but I'm guessing the father was super involved from the beginning, which he should be, but it's obvious that Foster's recruitment didn't blow up like everyone, including the family, thought it might a couple years ago.

His sophomore year he was a 5 star and top 25 in the nation, and appeared to have one n done potential. KU offered, Duke and UNC had contacted him. I think his father took control of the situation, and rightfully so, because that's some pretty heady stuff for a sophomore.

However, his recruitment dwindled, and it came down to schools in a small state, between two staffs that are very clean in terms of recruiting. Had it always been Iowa and Iowa St, I'm not sure the father would have needed to oversee it as much.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I would like to think as ISU fans we are big enough to not get super defensive when the Iowa fans come here to pound their chest tomorrow. I know it might seem petty, but they haven’t landed a recruit with another Power 5 offer since August of 2017 so let them have their day.
This is incredible when you think about it

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Just my opinion, but I'm guessing the father was super involved from the beginning, which he should be, but it's obvious that Foster's recruitment didn't blow up like everyone, including the family, thought it might a couple years ago.

His sophomore year he was a 5 star and top 25 in the nation, and appeared to have one n done potential. KU offered, Duke and UNC had contacted him. I think his father took control of the situation, and rightfully so, because that's some pretty heady stuff for a sophomore.

However, his recruitment dwindled, and it came down to schools in a small state, between two staffs that are very clean in terms of recruiting. Had it always been Iowa and Iowa St, I'm not sure the father would have needed to oversee it as much.

really good point.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron