STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Seems talented. I hope/think we’ll target a pg or combo, but we’ll see.
We are pretty well set at guard. After next season we would potentially only have Conditt and Foster we will need another big imo. Zion will help at the 4 but we still need a true post.

• Agree
Reactions: hoosman

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Mean while in twins lair:
tenor.gif

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
We are pretty well set at guard. After next season we would potentially only have Conditt and Foster we will need another big imo.
Definitely set at wing.

Not sure on pgs and shooters. Jackson is that. Maybe Walker. Grill could develop into that. Bolton will be an off-guard imo, that isn’t a shooter until proven otherwise.

For bigs we’d have Conditt, Foster, Zion, and Johnson. Potentially Blackwell playing the four, too. I’d rather be short an extra true 4 or true 5 rather than short an extra pg and/or shooting.

This is assuming the spot that opens is from a guard leaving

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I know it's a pipe dream and the kid has been to 2 schools in almost as many years but **** it go big or go home let's just bring this dude in. He could be a sit out replacement for Solo.
https://247sports.com/Player/CarteAre-Gordon-86005/

This was the dude that narrowed his list down to 3 schools. Then like a half hour later committed to St Louis. Everyone was like so why did you list 3 schools. IT was a weird deal. Missouri, Kansas, and St Louis. Missouri thought he was going there and then he just decided St Louis out of the blue.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Definitely set at wing.

Not sure on pgs and shooters. Jackson is that. Maybe Walker. Grill could develop into that. Bolton will be an off-guard imo, that isn’t a shooter until proven otherwise.

For bigs we’d have Conditt, Foster, Zion, and Johnson. Potentially Blackwell playing the four, too. I’d rather be short an extra true 4 or true 5 rather than short an extra pg and/or shooting.

This is assuming the spot that opens is from a guard leaving

Jackson and Grill hitting -- as true guards/shooters/SGs or CGs -- is really important. Good news is, they both looked pretty good so far and the reports are good.

If those two pan out as rotation guys (at least) the next four years, then the past recruiting class ended up a pretty solid one (even with zilch from Anderson and Leech).

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Jackson and Grill hitting -- as true guards/shooters/SGs or CGs -- is really important. Good news is, they both looked pretty good so far and the reports are good.

If those two pan out as rotation guys (at least) the next four years, then the past recruiting class ended up a pretty solid one (even with zilch from Anderson and Leech).
I’m buying that tandem for the next four years. In terms of substance, they seem of the mold of Naz and Thomas.

And I love the roster construct that’s forming. Granted it often looks good this far out, but it looks like a great collection of complementary assets. Just need one or two to emerge as mismatches.

A class can be solid in the long-run, yet not good enough in the short-term. Misses happen, but missing on two spots going into a year that is likely to be on the bubble is a tough misstep. Grayer would be nice to have this year, for example.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Who would have predicted that ISU would have 3 guys in the conference top 10 of assist to turnover percentage already and none of them would be named Tyrese?

Reactions: FinalFourCy

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Any goofy tweener power forwards in the pipeline for Iowa when this one's a miss?

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Who would have predicted that ISU would have 3 guys in the conference top 10 of assist to turnover percentage already and none of them would be named Tyrese?
Yes, and Tyrese leads our team in turnovers. I'm very concerned. ;)