STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
tenor.gif
Bravo...the most disturbing thing I’ve seen in a few days. Shudders...

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
I agree. I was simply saying it's not impossible to say that Foster could be starting next year in some capacity. It all depends on how well he transitions himself and the work he puts in. I think him having the competition of Solo/Conditt will exponentially increase his game compared to if he had an automatic starting spot given to him.

I think this is what I am most excited about. It could play out like the Monte/Kane competition that took place in 13-14. Monte was a great player when he got here, but Kane helped him get tougher and learn the speed of the game. I remember an article that talked about how Kane didn't give Monte anything. Kane came at Monte and pushed him to be the best PG he could be. I feel like Monte described it like being in a fight everyday in practice, which they weren't actually fighting but really going after one another. We saw how that played out with Monte when come March he played like he would the rest of his career at ISU.

Imagine a year of Foster competing with a bruiser like Young and having to run with Conditt. I hope that is plays out that way and those guys push XF everyday in practice. If nothing else it will help him adjust to the physicality and speed of D1 basketball. There is a lot to be said for having tough competition in practice.

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
Someone at Hawkeye Nation posted a tweet saying XF was visited by Fran last night and will be at Iowa’s home opener. Take that how you will.

Help Support Us

Become a patron