STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I know for a 100% fact of Iowa players getting paid...

Say what!?!?
I've been repeatedly told by EIU fans is that Iowa does it the right way and all other schools pay recruits. That is why Fran doesn't get 4 stars, the only reason. ;)

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Why not all 3?
giphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I know for a 100% fact of Iowa players getting paid...
Every single major university bends the rules a little here and a little there. For schools like Iowa State and Iowa, their rule breaking is minuscule compared to the Blue Bloods and programs that have always been a bit shady.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyder91 and ISC

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
My crazy conspiracy theory...

-- Vaughn goes to UNLV.

-- BDJ comes from UNLV to Iowa State.

-- The combination of Vaughn demonstrating the fundamental corruptness of college basketball and the whole BDJ experience breaks Fred Hoiberg.

-- Hoiberg gives up on Iowa State and its expectations after that... da Bulls.

The timeline has only gotten weirder since then.

I bet Matt Abdelmassih is parking a car with a trunk full of cash at his house come Monday morning. He’s probably punching in “Osky” on his gps and struggling to find it.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
He's not a program changer but would love to have him. Also would be nice to beat iowa for an (recent history) instate recruit for once.
I think he can be a program changer in a sense. He won't start his freshman, and neither did Conditt, but rim-running rim protectors who can also space the floor don't grow on trees. The type of big man who can do what our up-tempo offense asks of them and still protect the basket has been largely missing since the beginning of Hoiball, and players like Conditt and Foster can appreciably increase our ceiling. Jameel McKay is as close as we've been to our ideal center, but he wasn't a threat from outside 10 feet.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Every single major university bends the rules a little here and a little there. For schools like Iowa State and Iowa, their rule breaking is minuscule compared to the Blue Bloods and programs that have always been a bit shady.
Rick Majerus once got sanctioned for providing milk and cookies at a team event at Utah. This is a true story.

• Informative
Reactions: fsanford and ISC

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He's not stupid if he picks the Hawks. There's way more to any life decision than

I think he can be a program changer in a sense. He won't start his freshman, and neither did Conditt, but rim-running rim protectors who can also space the floor don't grow on trees. The type of big man who can do what our up-tempo offense asks of them and still protect the basket has been largely missing since the beginning of Hoiball, and players like Conditt and Foster can appreciably increase our ceiling. Jameel McKay is as close as we've been to our ideal center, but he wasn't a threat from outside 10 feet.
I wouldn't completely shut the door on him starting next year. You never know how good the kid will develop. I think he'll definitely have a shot to start next year if he works his butt off and puts in the time. I also don't think Solo would have a problem with being the first big man off the bench.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Rick Majerus once got sanctioned for providing milk and cookies at a team event at Utah. This is a true story.
There used to be a rule about providing food to recruits and the example given was that you can receive a bagel but if they give you cream cheese with that bagel, it's an NCAA violation.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: g4ce and jcyclonee

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
There used to be a rule about providing food to recruits and the example given was that you can receive a bagel but if they give you cream cheese with that bagel, it's an NCAA violation.
Isn't this a New York City rule too, like a bagel w/o cream cheese is one thing and with cream cheese it's another