STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I cannot emphasize enough how ready ISU staff is ready for this to be over. Iowa’s staff too. This 11th hour final pitch stuff is getting ridiculous for a kid that’s not even going to start as a freshman. He’s seen and heard everything both staffs have to offer and at some point him and daddy need to make a decision and let everyone exhale or move on.

I know even if ISU lands Foster he’s not the 2020 recruit they’d be most excited about

Seems pretty ridiculous that he hasn't made up his mind at this point if that truly is the case. Just curious, in your opinion, which current recruit is the staff most excited about?

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I cannot emphasize enough how ready ISU staff is ready for this to be over. Iowa’s staff too. This 11th hour final pitch stuff is getting ridiculous for a kid that’s not even going to start as a freshman. He’s seen and heard everything both staffs have to offer and at some point him and daddy need to make a decision and let everyone exhale or move on.

I know even if ISU lands Foster he’s not the 2020 recruit they’d be most excited about

Still up in the air then...?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

JMI.........this is huge for Iowa. He is good...no question. But since the infancy of mad Fran's tenure, Iowa has been able to pull in the "legacy" recruits for lack of a better term. The recruits who grew up and at some time in their life were Hawk fans.....and no matter what....were going to be Hawks. This would put a dent in that if in fact he choses ISU.

edit: 83 beat me to it

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
He's not a program changer but would love to have him. Also would be nice to beat iowa for an (recent history) instate recruit for once.

Dont understand this logic and continue to hear it. Did anyone here think Ejim or Niang or Morris were program changers as a senior in highschool? XF ranked higher than all of them and very likely a 3-4 year player. Could very well be a program changer. Athletic 7 footer.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015

Can't believe no one is asking who the staff is most excited about. ...

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
XF ranked higher than all of them and very likely a 3-4 year player. Could very well be a program changer. Athletic 7 footer.

Or he could be very average.

Adam Woodbury
  • ranked higher nationally
  • Better 247 composite
  • Better ppg in hs
  • Better rpg in hs
  • Nearly identical offer lists in terms of caliber

• Informative
Reactions: BigCyFan and Doc

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I truly don’t know how any kid of any talent and his family can watch Fran on sidelines for years and say “ that’s who I want coaching my son”.. guy is a complete mental wreck half time and has a temper worse than my 6 year old..

there’s a very good reason Fran has landed 1 top 100 kid outside state Iowa in a decade..1.

And I’m not using “1” as a good thing either

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Foster going to Iowa city for their game tomorrow.

family going going to milk those free game tickets for all theyre worth.

as I’ve stated before, both ISU and Iowa staff are ready for this to be over with. Very draining recruitment for both parties

You sure he's going there tomorrow because I heard that wasn't true. You're more connected than me though

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Or he could be very average.

Adam Woodbury
  • ranked higher nationally
  • Better 247 composite
  • Better ppg in hs
  • Better rpg in hs
  • Nearly identical offer lists in terms of caliber

Could be very average indeed. I never said hes undoubtedly a program changer. I just dont understand everyone saying hes not. Top 50ish recruit with a combination of size and athleticism we haven't had here since I can remember. Cato? If he doesnt have a chance to be a program changer what recruit does?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Dont understand this logic and continue to hear it. Did anyone here think Ejim or Niang or Morris were program changers as a senior in highschool? XF ranked higher than all of them and very likely a 3-4 year player. Could very well be a program changer. Athletic 7 footer.
Niang and Morris were definitely close to that as seniors imo.

All we need to know is the staff has prioritized him and spent a lot of energy recruiting him. I don’t understand those so flippant. Seems like a copping mechanism and recruiting fatigue.

• Agree
Reactions: ComCY

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Thought he was an Iowa lean a few weeks ago. Started coming around that he might be coming here, but I think I'm back to leaning towards Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: hoosman and 83cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron