STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
If I didn’t have a deadline Tuesday, Monday would be a great day to kick back and watch the HR meltdown, if he picks the good guys.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I would LOVE a little more meat on that bone
giphy.gif

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Reading some of the posts downplaying Foster based on his high school performance, I’m reminded of much development matters for big men.

Look at Freddie Gillespie at Baylor. He was a nothing player at a D3 school as a freshman. Or look at Jacobson, who didn’t garner much interest in high school, and didn’t take off until he left a mediocre program similar to Iowa’s and got modern coaching at Iowa State. Not to mention a better culture and teammates.

If Foster were a polished 7’0” that can move like he can, we’d be talking about his Duke commitment. As it is, if he chooses Prohm, he’ll have a great chance of developing into a draft pick imo.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'll come here and enjoy the meltdown. I love watching people overreact even if it's the good guys.

Watching a meltdown is hilarious -- in sports or politics or anything.

Being part of one... not so much.

I applaud you for being able to keep your distance from these expectations as a fan, but the "insider" crew on here (and including CW in that now) has raised mine pretty high for this one. Not just to acquire Foster -- a nice recruit to have but not defining the program one way or another -- but just wanting to see Iowa nuke itself.

I would really miss not being able to watch Iowa go supernova. Them gloating over it would not affect me much, at least, given they will still suck. Watching them stare into the smoldering ruin of this recruiting class... man, that is some high-quality entertainment. I really hope we are not robbed of such joy early next week.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
i was proven wrong, but there wasn’t much separation at the time in my opinion. It happens.

I try to be objective. Otherwise I’m setting myself up for disappointment. on the other hand I don’t recalll a single time you’ve ever admitted you are wrong, which is a shitload of times. But I understand that being right isn’t why you post here, so whatever.
And when exactly was it that there wasn't much separation?

Was it when Monte was a true freshman and Gesell was a sophomore? When Monte had a higher 2P%, 3P%, FT%, R (both O and D), B, A/TO ratio?

Or was it Monte's sophomore year when Gesell was a junior? When Monte had a higher 2P%, 3P% (by over 12%), FT%, R (both O and D), A, B, A/TO ratio, points?

You don't really want me to post Monte's junior year (Gesell's senior year) do you? Probably not since Gesell only led Monte on FT% (by less than 1.5%), TO (and not in a good way), and PF.

So when was this again that there wasn't much separation? Oh sorry, maybe it was Gesell's freshman year when Monte had no college stats.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
This should be a fun weekend of ups and downs in this thread.
What to expect:

Random EIU source will tell as CF'r XF is choosing Fran, and it'll be shared in this thread, followed by a handful of people taking it as fact and explaining that they never thought Xavier would be a Cyclone, and then Cytwins and/or Arctic calming everyone down reaffirming the staffs confidence the direction is done to ISU.
(Btw i am guessing Walker is the frosh recruit they are highest on, they prioritized him quickly and had glowing comments once he committed.)

I am curious if XF does go to the Iowa game tonight and picking ISU on Monday... that would be Niang level of trolling EIU. That is the type of move that Hok fans will have nightmares about for years for all recruits. Worse sting than Ulis choice of UK.

XF should probable not go to IC for both fan bases sanity this weekend but I sorta just want to see it happen to watch EIU boards burn for weeks.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Watching a meltdown is hilarious -- in sports or politics or anything.

Being part of one... not so much.

I applaud you for being able to keep your distance from these expectations as a fan, but the "insider" crew on here (and including CW in that now) has raised mine pretty high for this one. Not just to acquire Foster -- a nice recruit to have but not defining the program one way or another -- but just wanting to see Iowa nuke itself.

I would really miss not being able to watch Iowa go supernova. Them gloating over it would not affect me much, at least, given they will still suck. Watching them stare into the smoldering ruin of this recruiting class... man, that is some high-quality entertainment. I really hope we are not robbed of such joy early next week.
XF going to Iowa is not melt down material on CF. At least it shouldn't be. Now, over at HN....because it's been told ad nauseum about all the Hawkeye this and that with him and his family...yes...him coming to ISU just might open up a full blitz, non stop, five alarm melt down. .

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
And when exactly was it that there wasn't much separation?

Was it when Monte was a true freshman and Gesell was a sophomore? When Monte had a higher 2P%, 3P%, FT%, R (both O and D), B, A/TO ratio?

Or was it Monte's sophomore year when Gesell was a junior? When Monte had a higher 2P%, 3P% (by over 12%), FT%, R (both O and D), A, B, A/TO ratio, points?

You don't really want me to post Monte's junior year (Gesell's senior year) do you? Probably not since Gesell only led Monte on FT% (by less than 1.5%), TO (and not in a good way), and PF.

So when was this again that there wasn't much separation? Oh sorry, maybe it was Gesell's freshman year when Monte had no college stats.
Which year was it that Gesell missed two free throws because he was intimidated by the crowd? That was my favorite Gesell season.