STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
I truly don’t know how any kid of any talent and his family can watch Fran on sidelines for years and say “ that’s who I want coaching my son”.. guy is a complete mental wreck half time and has a temper worse than my 6 year old..

there’s a very good reason Fran has landed 1 top 100 kid outside state Iowa in a decade..1.

And I’m not using “1” as a good thing either

I think anyone who has spent time with Fran realizes that he is a normal person. He’s got an ego but his temper is a funny sidebar for most people that know hoops, or work with CvC.

To me it seems like frans biggest recruiting problem is that he sometimes thinks too highly of his own player evals.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The lack of high level in state kids that grow up ISU fans is disappointing.
every top program wants to keep the worthy local kids home.
Is it disappointing to you because Fran keeps signing all of them?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think anyone who has spent time with Fran realizes that he is a normal person. He’s got an ego but his temper is a funny sidebar for most people that know hoops, or work with CvC.

To me it seems like frans biggest recruiting problem is that he sometimes thinks too highly of his own player evals.
Lost me when you said Fran is normal.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
You give me that funny feeling in my tummy
Ahw sh, yeah, that's right huh
Rollercoaster of Foster say what
Rollercoaster yeah (oohh oohh oohh)
Oh baby you know what I'm talking about
Rollercoaster of Foster
Oh yeah it's rollercoaster time
Lovin' you is really wild
Oh it's just a Foster rollercoaster
Step right up and get your tickets
Your love is like a rollercoaster baby, baby
I want to ride yeah (awawaw)
Your love is like a rollercoaster baby, baby
I want to ride yeah (awawaw)
Move over dad 'cause I'm a double dipple
Upside down on the big dip dipper
1, 2, 1, 2, 3 I've got a ticket come ride with me
Let me go down on the merry-go-round
All is fair 'n' a big fair ground
Let's go slow, let's go fast
Like a liquorice twist gonna whip your ass

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
Is it disappointing to you because Fran keeps signing all of them?

we are at the point where ISU has been better than Iowa for the entirely of these recruits lives, so yeah it is. Honestly iowa booting Lickliter after only 3 years probably kept them from becoming modern day Illinois. They’ve been good enough under Fran to keep the interest of the instate kids.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
we are at the point where ISU has been better than Iowa for the entirely of these recruits lives, so yeah it is. Honestly iowa booting Lickliter after only 3 years probably kept them from becoming modern day Illinois. They’ve been good enough under Fran to keep the interest of the instate kids.

Remember when you said Gesell and Monte were a wash?

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Modern day Illinois is still better than modern day Iowa today.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
Remember when you said Gesell and Monte were a wash?

i was proven wrong, but there wasn’t much separation at the time in my opinion. It happens.

I try to be objective. Otherwise I’m setting myself up for disappointment. on the other hand I don’t recalll a single time you’ve ever admitted you are wrong, which is a shitload of times. But I understand that being right isn’t why you post here, so whatever.