NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This is the problem though. He has to be 100% for them to be good. If they could pound the ball and play a little defense they wouldn't always be so dependent on Mahomes throwing for 400yds and 5 tds. The Chiefs are a one-dimensional team.
What? You mean they're not as good without their star player? How could Andy allow that?

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
The regular season doesn't even really matter in the AFC West. Who is going to catch them? A Chargers team that vastly can't stop beating themselves? A Jon Gruden Raiders team with no pass rush? a Denver Broncos team that just decided to bench Joe Flacco? Stop kidding yourself with regular season games in that division. The Chiefs will win the division with a 9-7 record, and I am guessing they have a better record than that.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
The Chiefs will never win a Super Bowl with him. How's that?

this is bold. I mean, 1 team wins the super bowl every year and it just so happens that they are in an era where the best QB/coach tandem to ever play the game has been dominating.

I’d love to hear your choice on who would supplant Reid to get them that super bowl automatically.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah, lets blame Andy Reid. If your idiotic players would just keep their hands off women or line up on their own side of the line of scrimmage you guys would have won a Super Bowl last year.
Funny that you don’t have that same mentality with Steve Prohm and locker room issues.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Funny that you don’t have that same mentality with Steve Prohm and locker room issues.

I have different opinions and moods on different subjects. Its ridiculous for the OP to blame Andy Reid, they wouldnt even be in this position without him. They had the Patriots beat last year but some moron couldnt even lineup right on the most crucial play of the game.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Who could the Chiefs get that would be better than Reid? I am not sure if there is anyone available that could do better than Reid. It would be in the Chiefs best interest to keep and retain Reid.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Who could the Chiefs get that would be better than Reid? I am not sure if there is anyone available that could do better than Reid. It would be in the Chiefs best interest to keep and retain Reid.
Exactly.

Reid isn't going anywhere. Have you seen some of the hires other franchises are making the last couple offseasons? It could be sooo much worse. Want to go back to Todd Haley?

The only way you get rid of Reid is if you get someone like Lincoln Riley.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Chiefs have a ton of injuries and barely lost. That is a weird take to have after that game. What they need more than anything is a competent defensive coach and personnel.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Good news for Chiefs fans, Vikings always find a way to kill their own momentum and they're on a 4 game win streak.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
This team is a dumpster fire. Not sure they win that game even with Mahomes playing. 3rd straight team comes into Arrowhead and punches them right in the mouth. It's embarrassing. I don't care if he goes 12-4 every year, he'll never win a big game.

Yikes, a bit over-reactionary in my opinion. If anything, I thought KC's defense stepped up when Mahomes wasn't out there. I'd look at the positive side of even though they didn't win, that game was a lot closer than it should have been. That's a plus for KC, more than GB. Had Mahomes been playing, I don't know if GB wins that game, and I'm a packers fan.

Look at the AFC, it's kind of hot garbage outside of the Pats, and a stretch if you say Colts. If KC was in the NFC, you'd carry a better argument, but they'll be fine for post-season play.

• Winner
Reactions: moores2

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Yikes, a bit over-reactionary in my opinion. If anything, I thought KC's defense stepped up when Mahomes wasn't out there. I'd look at the positive side of even though they didn't win, that game was a lot closer than it should have been. That's a plus for KC, more than GB. Had Mahomes been playing, I don't know if GB wins that game, and I'm a packers fan.

Look at the AFC, it's kind of hot garbage outside of the Pats, and a stretch if you say Colts. If KC was in the NFC, you'd carry a better argument, but they'll be fine for post-season play.

If it weren’t for a couple miraculous throws/catches, they could have won. I’d say it was a pretty good effort minus the last few drives.

• Agree
Reactions: 4theCYcle

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
He wins too many games to be fired. I'm done with him though. I'm not buying into the hype again until they decide they wanna spend some money on defense. Same **** every year.

So you're done with the head coach because the front office wont spend money on defense?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The psyche of the whole team seems extremely shaken. I was surprised they scored that much on GB though.

Reid absolutely outcoached Pettine in the second quarter, I don't care how crappy Chiefs fans think he is as a coach. With all the motion, misdirection, mismatches, etc the Packer defense simply didn't have an answer. Pettine did adjust after halftime, the Chiefs only gained a little over a hundred yards in the second half.

Reid has never had a great defense in KC. His offenses have been uniformly good, at times excellent. But it always seems to be a situation of having to out-score the other team (and sometimes it takes a lot of points!).

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Reid and the offense is not the problem. The front office has neglected giving them an even middle of the pack defense so the only way the Chiefs can win is to win in a shootout. The offense is just fine, they've scored the 2nd most total points in the NFL this season and 3rd most total yards so they are moving the ball and ending a lot of drives with points. The defense is a completely different story... They give up the 9th most total yards in the league, just 11 takeaways, and give up an average of 22.6 points a game which if you look where that puts them amongst playoff contenders it's basically one of the worst defenses amongst teams likely to make the playoffs. I'd love to find a stat for defensive penalties too because they have to be one of the worst in that category too for as much holding and pass interference their poor secondary does.

Hoping the front office does not waste the best years of Mahomes career going cheap on defense. As someone said earlier in this thread they were a Dee Ford off sides penalty away from probably making the SB last year and the defense was bad last year too.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Reid and the offense is not the problem. The front office has neglected giving them an even middle of the pack defense so the only way the Chiefs can win is to win in a shootout. The offense is just fine, they've scored the 2nd most total points in the NFL this season and 3rd most total yards so they are moving the ball and ending a lot of drives with points. The defense is a completely different story... They give up the 9th most total yards in the league, just 11 takeaways, and give up an average of 22.6 points a game which if you look where that puts them amongst playoff contenders it's basically one of the worst defenses amongst teams likely to make the playoffs. I'd love to find a stat for defensive penalties too because they have to be one of the worst in that category too for as much holding and pass interference their poor secondary does.

Hoping the front office does not waste the best years of Mahomes career going cheap on defense. As someone said earlier in this thread they were a Dee Ford off sides penalty away from probably making the SB last year and the defense was bad last year too.

The pass defense has been better this year, it's the run defense that is killing them. They have to have the worst set of linebackers in the NFL. When Ben Niemann is getting playing time, you know you have problems. Ragland and Hitchens can't play in pass coverage, they are basically platooning linebackers in and out predicting run or pass.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
So you're done with the head coach because the front office wont spend money on defense?
They spend money on the defense, it's just terrible moves.

$100M for Frank Clark? Anthony Hitchens was a terrible signing, especially what they paid him. Tyrann Mathieu is probably over-paid too but he's worth it at least.

Then turn around and refuse to pay Chris Jones so far. WTF? I bet they franchise tag and trade him this summer.

Veach's refusal to go out and get a #1 CB is really hurting us. Tom Brady doesn't give a damn about the opponent's pass rush. Houston, Jones and Ford couldn't touch him in the playoffs because he gets rid of the ball so fast. He'll torch the decent-at-best CBs we put out there.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron