Lazard on Packer roster

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Ended with 5 receptions for 42 yards last night. Not an eye-popping stat, but a solid contribution.
But when you look into the context of those catches. Most of them were for 1st downs (and a TD that should have been). That is really big in a game like that, where it is important to keep moving the sticks and keeping the ball in your possession. As an NFL fan (not of any team) that cheers for players, this year has been fun to watch.

Last edited:

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
Buy when you look into the context of those catches. Most of them were for 1st downs (and a TD that should have been). That is really big in a game like that, where it is important to keep moving the sticks and keeping the ball in your possession. As an NFL fan (not of any team) that cheers for players, this year has been fun to watch.

I was cheering for Lazard to get the touchdown even though I do not like Green Bay at all, but I do think it was the right call. His left hand touches out of bounds before he then falls backwards and hits the pylon with the ball. They marked the ball pretty much where his hand touched out of bounds.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I was cheering for Lazard to get the touchdown even though I do not like Green Bay at all, but I do think it was the right call. His left hand touches out of bounds before he then falls backwards and hits the pylon with the ball. They marked the ball pretty much where his hand touched out of bounds.
I thought he had it but it could have been just short. Either way I thought the spot was really short. Should have been closer not that it mattered.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Dude is almost a feature piece now...he is an integral part of the offense now...and will continue to be due to his blocking, hard work, and big body. Those end-around screens are a nice way for him to show off the speed and strength.

That was a touchdown on that short pass...ball hit the pylon.

Yeah, was in for the crucial 3rd down play in the final few minutes there.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
I guess Allen is now officially big time. He made it on Tonight Show superlatives. “Two bolts away from being Frankenstein on Halloween”

• Funny
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Dude is almost a feature piece now...he is an integral part of the offense now...and will continue to be due to his blocking, hard work, and big body. Those end-around screens are a nice way for him to show off the speed and strength.

That was a touchdown on that short pass...ball hit the pylon.

I noticed that while watching. Didn’t necessarily get targeted a ton, but it seemed like he was in there a bunch.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I noticed that while watching. Didn’t necessarily get targeted a ton, but it seemed like he was in there a bunch.

I noticed on several successful longish runs by the Packers that he had a very nice block on his guy and likely helping the run gain 4-5 more yards.

Reactions: VeloClone

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
Even with Adams coming back this week, most likely, Lazard is still going to get a lot of snaps. he could realistically be the WR2 or WR3 for the Packers the rest of the season.

• Allison has not improved and seems scared to get hit
  • MVS has speed and can be a long ball threat but isn't super consistent
  • Kumerow has his moments but I don't think he's that great
  • Shepard was cut
Lazard has been really consistent for Rodgers and he's a great blocker and the fan base LOVES him. The packers subreddit called him Alien Lizard haha.

cool stat here:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Even with Adams coming back this week, most likely, Lazard is still going to get a lot of snaps. he could realistically be the WR2 or WR3 for the Packers the rest of the season.

• Allison has not improved and seems scared to get hit
  • MVS has speed and can be a long ball threat but isn't super consistent
  • Kumerow has his moments but I don't think he's that great
  • Shepard was cut
Lazard has been really consistent for Rodgers and he's a great blocker and the fan base LOVES him. The packers subreddit called him Alien Lizard haha.

cool stat here:

Rodgers may have not had numbers like this from practice, but he knew who was getting it done for him in practice - that is why he wanted him in the games.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
AL's first stat of the day vs. the Chargers: a blocking-in-the-back penalty.

The Chargers are all up in the Pack's business so far.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Packers finally looked like the Packers mid-way through the 4th and got a TD. Allen had catches of 14 and 17 (longest play from scrimmage vs. the Chargers today).

Reactions: khardbored

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The Packers finally looked like the Packers mid-way through the 4th and got a TD. Allen had catches of 14 and 17 (longest play from scrimmage vs. the Chargers today).

That is not a bad day, 3 catches on 4 targets. Not sure what happened on the one he did not catch. Rogers was off target a lot in the first 3 quarters.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That is not a bad day, 3 catches on 4 targets. Not sure what happened on the one he did not catch. Rogers was off target a lot in the first 3 quarters.

The non-catch was a long throw like his TD a few weeks ago. Rodgers had to throw off his back foot and it was behind AL.

He may have been able to turn and make a play on the ball but the timing didn't sync up.

Looked good in blocking again and I'm surprised they're not valuing that more vs. Allison who didn't look as effective in that aspect.