Not open for further replies.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I put this in the football forum but anything goes, within reason. Hoops. Off topics stuff, CF in general, etc.

Haven't written a mailbag in a while so with the bye week, I figured it was worth throwing a change-up.

Fire away.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
When do we get the basketball starting line-up? Who’s do you think will be the starting 5? Who are the first two off the bench?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
What happened in the basketball scrimmage today?

Should I panic more about football or basketball? ;)

Reactions: Javinegli

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
What do you think about the Murray twins committing to Iowa and how will that help or hurt our chances with Foster?

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Does the football team have a screen game in their back pocket?

Also will we see more power formations as the season progresses, as ever since it was teased against WSU it was believed that it may be seen more often.

After beating Oklahoma a few years ago, it was believed at the time that bringing the lanram package really seemed to mess with them mentally more than anything, and although it is viewed as a bad idea, but since they want to limit hits on purdy, is it time to start bringing in the Re-al package more often, and hopefully seamlessly, to try to get a mental edge?

And finally could this be the year we peak in November instead of October, and do you think campbell has been focused on that(peaking later instead of earlier)?

Is campbell aware that the offensive playcalling seems to have lacked creativity the last few novembers, do you think, and do you think we could get some new wrinkles put in during the bye week?

Last edited:

LoyalFawker

Jul 13, 2016
Kansas City
A Co-worker bet me that KU would beat ISU in a best of 3 between the 3 matchups in football and basketball this year. I took that bet assuming that football was a gimme and the clones could pull out at least one of the basketball games. How concerned should I be with my bet?

Sighclone44

Aug 18, 2012
How will Brock Purdy and the offense as a whole continue to improve as teams bring the heat on defense.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
A Co-worker bet me that KU would beat ISU in a best of 3 between the 3 matchups in football and basketball this year. I took that bet assuming that football was a gimme and the clones could pull out at least one of the basketball games. How concerned should I be with my bet?
Seems like a bad bet for you.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and 83cy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Thoughts about the Iowa Air National Guard KC-135R Stratotanker flyover?

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I’m thinking Campbell has to be aware of the calls be made on offense. Why do you think they abandoned a successful rushing attack...especially as poorly as Purdy was throwing all day?

Reactions: jbhtexas

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Does the football team have a screen game in their back pocket?

Also will we see more power formations as the season progresses, as ever since it was teased against WSU it was believed that it may be seen more often.

After beating Oklahoma a few years ago, it was believed at the time that bringing the lanram package really seemed to mess with them mentally more than anything, and although it is viewed as a bad idea, but since they want to limit hits on purdy, is it time to start bringing in the Re-al package more often, and hopefully seamlessly, to try to get a mental edge?

And finally could this be the year we peak in November instead of October, and do you think campbell has been focused on that(peaking later instead of earlier)?

Is campbell aware that the offensive playcalling seems to have lacked creativity the last few novembers, do you think, and do you think we could get some new wrinkles put in during the bye week?
Easy, son.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Why did Campbell allow Manning to call the game he did when things clearly weren’t working?

Is there a reason why we the coaches are not allowing Purdy to run? Because our offense seems to be at its best when we utilize his running ability

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I’m confused what mailbag to use? This one or the Wednesday one.
You know which one.

vader.gif

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is 7-5 a disappointment? It seems to be a reasonably good year but it just tastes like a disappointing one. And now with the okie st loss it almost feels inevitable at this point.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

It was a bad bet considering b-ball will lose 2 to KU

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale
Was this the most disappointing loss of Campbell era? Reminded me of 2012 Steele Jantz drop ball game vs Tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.