RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

jmkc12

Apr 27, 2017
I love the potential that Foster has and who he could become after a year of collegiate coaching, but with that said, I really do think he is tad overrated. I'll be thrilled if the Clones get him, but if he ends up going to Iowa I don't think ISU needs to lose a ton of sleep over it. See if Haliburton goes pro and find someone in the spring if absolutely need be.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneinWDSM

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Why is nobody considering the high possibility of permanent eye damage occurring during alumni games?

• Funny
Reactions: moores2

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
I grew up a Hawkeye fan until high school, when I was able to objectively see how awful of people their fan base is filled with. Coming to the good guys was one of the best life choices I made in high school.

I was just replying to Billbrasky saying that only Iowa fans say XF grew up a Hawkeye fan. My family are all Cyclone fans, including my sister who has told me that he grew up a Hawkeye fan. I then went on to say that that probably had no bearing on his decision. FWIW, I think he will be a Cyclone despite his growing up a Hawkeye fan. But good on ya for coming to your senses and joining the good guys.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
All our players and coaches will be in Corvallis, Oregon that day for a game so I have a hard time believing that..

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
We need to change what we are saying in here. We need some guys saying he for sure going to Iowa. That way when he picks us it devestates them even more. U know just for fun

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I love the potential that Foster has and who he could become after a year of collegiate coaching, but with that said, I really do think he is tad overrated. I'll be thrilled if the Clones get him, but if he ends up going to Iowa I don't think ISU needs to lose a ton of sleep over it. See if Haliburton goes pro and find someone in the spring if absolutely need be.

I don’t think he’s overrated as the #68 player. If he wouldn’t have gotten injured he would probably be higher and then he might be overrated. His skill set and coordination doesn’t just grow on 7 foot trees that often.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Fun story. While we all know what lead-pipe lock means there really is no traceable application of a lead pipe that leads to the derivation of this phrase.

It's actually lead pipe cinch.

Carry on.

I finally learned something today (even though it's already "tomorrow" where I live=).

Also, I noticed you wrote a sentence that contained two pronunciations of "lead" -- that deserves a Lead-Pipe Like in itself.

• Useful
Reactions: cyclone618

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
upload_2019-10-25_7-23-27.png

Hoks do it "the right way."

FYI. The reason you set a date is so that you can plan for the celebration and have friends an family schedule to be there. It's not a superficial "look at me" moment; it's a celebration for all the hardwork.

This thread on HR is a good read.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
View attachment 67847

FYI. The reason you set a date is so that you can plan for the celebration and have friends an family schedule to be there. It's not a superficial "look at me" moment; it's a celebration for all the hardwork.

Their racist "thug" comments have gotten a little more subtle, at least. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
View attachment 67847

Does "ISU type" mean "actually good at basketball"?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron