Blum: What if I told you...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I love these perspective pieces. Remembering the decades the doldrums makes winning right now so, SO much sweeter.
I remember sitting in my buddy's mancave around the turn of the century watching Cyclone basketball and football on his huge box internal projection TV. We thought it was just the beginning of a golden age of Iowa State sports. There has been "a lot of green" between the end of that surge and the current high trend. It has indeed been a ride.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
"There was no extended celebration or t-shirt printed to commemorate the win."

200.webp

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Brock is 9-2 against conference teams if I've calculated correctly.

ISU has 12 losses since the start of 2017, and I believe the average margin of defeat is a little over 5 points. Enjoy these times brothers and sisters...

What is our average margin of victory...?

Are we losing most of our close games, winning most of our close games, or going roughly 50-50 on them? What is our overall luck/clutch rating compared to the field?

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
What is our average margin of victory...?

Are we losing most of our close games, winning most of our close games, or going roughly 50-50 on them? What is our overall luck/clutch rating compared to the field?

I'm only pointing this number out for purposes of comparing to ISU's history. In other words, I grew up with ISU getting blown completely out every few games or so...

Reactions: Sigmapolis

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The mindset in the fanbase has changed too....instead of being thrilled with a 10 point conference road victory, there were still plenty of things being mentioned that need to get better.

Not necessarily a bad thing...there's some real potential for a team that can do what it's done lately and be better in the 'correctable' things.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Brock is 9-2 against conference teams if I've calculated correctly.

ISU has 12 losses since the start of 2017, and I believe the average margin of defeat is a little over 5 points. Enjoy these times brothers and sisters...

Imagine how good we would be if we had a coach 100 x’s smarter than the people here like fleck and mccarney

Right @Tornado man