RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I agree with that...and my point was that when on the cusp of gaining such a unique talent...it just seems something happens to prevent it. That is all...nothing related to this particular recruit or Iowa. Just many decades of following Iowa State.

All programs have the rug pulled out from under them from time to time. Recruiting under Prohm though has been pretty strait forward and has major wins vs programs above the level of EIU, Wigginton, THT and Griffin.
The only player I thought was going to be a Cyclone under the current staff was Juiston, I don't see Running Rebel as the same type of threat as a Hok. As much as Hok fans keep saying Fran taking the Murray twin is unrelated normal basketball fans it is pretty telling to me considering Fran talked with XF late last week days before their commitment.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
1. He visits ISU very often.
2. Good relationship with current guys on the team
3. His GF currently attends ISU
4. His dad is a big fan of Prohm.
5. Iowa already has 4 commitments for that class.
6. Fran is a ****** coach
7. who'd want to play at that crap hole carver
8. Current ISU NBA players vs Iowa current NBA players isn't even a fair contest for Iowa.

Thanks. I just wanted to be sure our confidence was rooted in something other than "Fran and CHA suck." Which is obviously true...but kids make bad choices all the time.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Thanks. I just wanted to be sure our confidence was rooted in something other than "Fran and CHA suck." Which is obviously true...but kids make bad choices all the time.

Who's the last Iowa State player to tell the fans to "suck a fat one"?

Reactions: cyfanatic

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
Why do Iowa fans continuously refer to XF as a Hawkeye legacy? They are literally the only people that say he grew up a Hawk fan.

I can't speak to the Hawkeye legacy, but my sister graduated from Osky last year and has told me he was a Hawkeye fan when they were younger. Not that that means anything because XF has higher aspirations than being yelled at by a psycho.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Haha, I know it sounds wishy washy and like an “I know a guy” type of deal, but these guys knew about the Prohm hire, they knew about the THT commitment and lots of other little stories.

I trust them

I was under the strong impression that THT’s commitment was, um, very last minute.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and Acylum