Alert: You can now download our app

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Reactions: OfTheMellie

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I don't know if it is same issue, but I am not able to log in either. It is telling me "The email you've entered doe not exist"

Any help @ChrisMWilliams would be greatly appreciated.
You have to login under the forums tab rather than the upper hand corner.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Where are you guys logging in from where it isn't working? That is obviously going to confuse people so I will get it adjusted once you let me know. Thanks.

Top right, you click on settings (Home Page) where it gives you the option to sign up or log in.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneJL

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I've been waiting for this for my Iphone!! Just downloaded it and already using it. Great start!!

Nick

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2006
Thanks for putting together the app!

On Android (using an S9) when pressing the back button in a thread, it goes all the way back to the app home screen. It'd be nice for this to just go back to the previously viewed page (like it does on the mobile site).

I'm guessing the page loader that appears when navigating between pages/posts was added to prevent the choppiness of the mobile site as the ads are loading? This seems to solve that problem, but having to wait before viewing every page makes using the app feel sluggish and slow.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Yeah ... it's just a mobile site packaged into the app ... shouldn't be any different as far as logging in goes. It worked well for me ...
Didn't you try this approach before? I don't get the point. Why install another app when it's just a wrapper around the website. Just use a browser. Or is there some advantage to the app that I'm missing?

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I downloaded it today. I like it a lot so far. Thanks for creating it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Some sort of back button I think would be nice. I would like it normally just because that’s how I’m used to but if you click on a link then you kind of get stuck there.
I would second this. It makes navigating the forums kind of cumbersome. Thanks Chris!!

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Didn't you try this approach before? I don't get the point. Why install another app when it's just a wrapper around the website. Just use a browser. Or is there some advantage to the app that I'm missing?

Because the app allows us to do things like push notifications that a general browser doesn't offer. Plus we can continue to add ad-ons to the app that make our overall mobile experience better outside of things that you are used to on the desktop version. We'd love to create a more genuine "app" but simply cannot afford it. Those are in the 50-60 K range. If somebody wants to make that kind of a donation we would be happy to build it.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Because the app allows us to do things like push notifications that a general browser doesn't offer. Plus we can continue to add ad-ons to the app that make our overall mobile experience better outside of things that you are used to on the desktop version. We'd love to create a more genuine "app" but simply cannot afford it. Those are in the 50-60 K range. If somebody wants to make that kind of a donation we would be happy to build it.

Simple solution - Tell Fitzy you will pay him $150k a year but want a 50-60k donation first. Never actually give him $150k. Profit.

Do not put anything in writing.

• Funny
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1100011CS and Fitzy