RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We need to sign him because he is the best instate recruit in the past few years. Iowa does not produce a lot of bb talent, and what it does produce tends to be from the Quad Cities region, and not from Des Moines area. Most of the them grew up wanting to play for Iowa.

We need to change that outlook, and start getting the best instate player every few years.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
We need to sign him because he is the best instate recruit in the past few years. Iowa does not produce a lot of bb talent, and what it does produce tends to be from the Quad Cities region, and not from Des Moines area. Most of the them grew up wanting to play for Iowa.

We need to change that outlook, and start getting the best instate player every few years.

I tend to agree that ISU need to get at least a couple in state guys, if they are good enough to help. It seems like there are a lot of decent non-power 5 guys that come out of the state, but very few can't miss P5 players. A lot of those guys are Hawk fans for some reason, even though the Iowa basketball program has only risen to mediocrity a couple times in the last 2 decades.

It will not be the end of the world if ISU doesn't get Foster, but he is pretty good, and getting him over Iowa would produce the kind of meltdown that we all enjoy.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to

omg no fran frig off

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
If Foster was not good enough to help ISU, we would not be recruiting him, I did not say, we should recruit a kid, just because he is from Iowa, we shouldn't. But when one comes along, that can help the program, we need to start landing them instead of Iowa.

The world will not end if Foster signs elsewhere, but I hope he signs with ISU.

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The lack of faith you guys have in me...

I think you were right a few weeks ago. I think we were the clear favorite and he was just visiting the other schools to see what they offered. However, fairly confident he no longer is all-in as he probably was over the summer.

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
That's a tidy summary of my opinion, though I think many here carry a higher evaluation!

Now for my parting comment on where he'll end up, citing my inside information. I have lived on the east side of Iowa City for 20+ years and frequent Heyn's Ice Cream. On a recent visit, one of the servers was wearing a 2017 Oskaloosa Track & Field sweatshirt, so I asked her where XF would play his college basketball. She said she personally knows the family and guarantees he will attend EIU. Will Heyn's Ice Cream girl prove more prescient than CyTwins?
I have lived in eastern Iowa for 7+ years and frequent Fuzzy's taco shop in Coralville. Multiple times, the guy working the counter asks if I'm from Oskaloosa because he's pretty sure he knows me. Every time I tell him I'm from north of Clear Lake and have only driven through Oskaloosa two times in my life. Restaurant workers from Oskaloosa don't know ****

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think you were right a few weeks ago. I think we were the clear favorite and he was just visiting the other schools to see what they offered. However, fairly confident he no longer is all-in as he probably was over the summer.

Why do you think this?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Any reason why you think this?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I believe you @CyTwins and everyone else should, too. I have heard from two other very reliable sources that his plan is to wear the Cardinal and Gold next year. These sources do not speculate or try to connect dots, they actually have ties to the truth. They have never been wrong before.

Barring a RADICAL change of heart, Foster will be a cyclone.

There, now I can go down with the ship with CyTwins if we are wrong.

Your sources seem to be pretty smart dudes.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'd be thrilled to get Foster. I've watched him a handful of times in high school, and my honest analysis is that he looks bored. At some point posting up a 6'3" kid from Chariton would get a little old, but in the games I've watched he's always made plays when needed. He has rare size and athleticism and I think it will translate well to college.