RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Thanks, I guess - I was hoping for something substantive rather than subjective, but this is more than others have offered. I'm tired of watching the top Iowa kids go away for school (Marcus Paige, Kirk Hinrich, Nick Collison, Raef Lafrentz) so I'm hoping he selects ISU if for no other reason than to open that small pipeline.

Somebody suggested I watch YouTube videos of Foster's AAU games, like I know the small intricacies that separate a D1 player from a D3 player. If I remember correctly, Baylor had a seven footer last year (he ate our lunch) who started his college career at D3 St. Thomas in St. Paul! Who missed the ball on him? Then a bunch of you jumped UNI1/ISU2 guy for giving his opinion on personal observations of Foster - what is it? Are we only allowed to give our opinion if we agree with the board consensus?

the UNI guy is a known hawk troll with no redeeming qualities.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Thanks, I guess - I was hoping for something substantive rather than subjective, but this is more than others have offered. I'm tired of watching the top Iowa kids go away for school (Marcus Paige, Kirk Hinrich, Nick Collison, Raef Lafrentz) so I'm hoping he selects ISU if for no other reason than to open that small pipeline.

Somebody suggested I watch YouTube videos of Foster's AAU games, like I know the small intricacies that separate a D1 player from a D3 player. If I remember correctly, Baylor had a seven footer last year (he ate our lunch) who started his college career at D3 St. Thomas in St. Paul! Who missed the ball on him? Then a bunch of you jumped UNI1/ISU2 guy for giving his opinion on personal observations of Foster - what is it? Are we only allowed to give our opinion if we agree with the board consensus?

You must not be familiar with that poster. He's the biggest trolling ******* liar on our boards.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I think you miss the point. He is saying his kids are good shooters and maybe he could help the McCafferys because they are ****** shooters.
Oh ok. I stand corrected. I wouldn’t know; I don’t watch Hok bball.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

You are entitled to your opinion, trolls like the one you mentioned shouldn't be. Defending him isn't a hill you want to die on. I think most of us are pretty realistic about Foster, I don't see anyone claiming him as a program changer. We want him but the program will be fine if he goes elsewhere.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
You are entitled to your opinion, trolls like the one you mentioned shouldn't be. Defending him isn't a hill you want to die on. I think most of us are pretty realistic about Foster, I don't see anyone claiming him as a program changer. We want him but the program will be fine if he goes elsewhere.

Based on 247 ratings, XF would be the third-highest rated recruit of the Prohm era after Wigginton and Horton-Tucker. He would be our best post recruit since at least Georges Niang (slightly ahead of him on 247 right now). He looks like a system fit for what Prohm wants big men to do, and we are going to need a replacement for Michael Jacobson after this season. He would be fun to pair with Conditt as "twin towers." Program-changer? No, but big hit? Definitely.

It would be nice to break Iowa and out-of-state schools' stranglehold on Iowa talent, too. I know the program has done fine with imports the past decade or so, but the state has a few good ones every now and then. I would appreciate landing a few of them.

Would we survive and move on without? Yep. But he would be real nice to have.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
What's up with the hawk trollers being non existent on this thread? Gonzo? Iahawks? Dexterhawk? What up guys?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
What's up with the hawk trollers being non existent on this thread? Gonzo? Iahawks? Dexterhawk? What up guys?

Don't invite them. I opted out to get away from them and the bigger morons.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019

Thank you for pointing this out. I have stopped responding to them criticizeing me when I post my opinion or true facts because its not worth the fight anymore

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Look at the dates on the predictions...back in 2018 or 2017 for cripes sake. No current ones...and most of the "predictors" are part and parcel with squackeye.report...no bias there...right?

^ This. I am a little surprised that the Rivals network Cyclone Report is still limping along.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Thank you for pointing this out. I have stopped responding to them criticizeing me when I post my opinion or true facts because its not worth the fight anymore

Which state team had nobody over 6 foot?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I have watched Foster play high school ball. He is smooth, athletic and about everything you would want. However, he didn't produce. I think it has to do with his coach not knowing how to coach him in high school. I saw a lot of potential. He is also pretty raw. I would honestly compare him a lot to George Conditt. LIke you can see he has it. He just has to figure it out. Defense will be his strength for the first few years until he get's his offensive game down and puts on some weight.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Based on 247 ratings, XF would be the third-highest rated recruit of the Prohm era after Wigginton and Horton-Tucker. He would be our best post recruit since at least Georges Niang (slightly ahead of him on 247 right now). He looks like a system fit for what Prohm wants big men to do, and we are going to need a replacement for Michael Jacobson after this season. He would be fun to pair with Conditt as "twin towers." Program-changer? No, but big hit? Definitely.

It would be nice to break Iowa and out-of-state schools' stranglehold on Iowa talent, too. I know the program has done fine with imports the past decade or so, but the state has a few good ones every now and then. I would appreciate landing a few of them.

Would we survive and move on without? Yep. But he would be real nice to have.
Roy Williams has a stranglehold on the state of Iowa. 5AA's/4 NBA players out of the state

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I have watched Foster play high school ball. He is smooth, athletic and about everything you would want. However, he didn't produce. I think it has to do with his coach not knowing how to coach him in high school. I saw a lot of potential. He is also pretty raw. I would honestly compare him a lot to George Conditt. LIke you can see he has it. He just has to figure it out. Defense will be his strength for the first few years until he get's his offensive game down and puts on some weight.

"George Conditt, but imagine Conditt came in 1-2 years further along in his development arc" would be a pretty good description of a reasonable hope for Xavier Foster.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Blaming Osky's coach seems weak. With Foster's dad on staff they're doing what the Foster family thinks is best for Xavier in my opinion.

Osky coach is a nice guy. I don't think he is a good coach though. They should not have lost a game with him and Henry on that team. In 3A the only team that should have came close to beating them was Norwalk with Borne and Endres and some good supporting players.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12