RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I watched him play in person multiple times and he did not impress me. I watched him play in the state tournament also. One team he played at state did not have a guy over 6'0 tall and they contained him. He was shooing 3 pointers rather than going underneath.

Oh look, the Hawkeye fans have already started their we didn't want him anyway crap.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
This might come as a shock to some but Steve Prohm will utilize his abilities a lot more than the head coach from Oskaloosa

The locals are frustrated with the coach. He has a lot of talent and results just aren't there

Reactions: Cytown12

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Did I actually just stumble into a Waze app or something?

View attachment 67749

When there is no actual news, like none, CF threads turn into pissing contests over nothing.

duty_calls.png

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Oh look, the Hawkeye fans have already started their we didn't want him anyway crap.
They are playing mental gymnastics to justify them taking crummy legacy players while the top in-state prospect is still "on the board."

It's quite comical. Although, I'm guilty of it too when I saw some of the recruits that Rhoads brought in.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I remember when I had my one-and-only credible inside story which was that ISU was in the works to have a sand volleyball team way back when. My inside source was CJL herself, and then nothing ever happened (insert the wah wah waaahhhhh here). With that said, appreciate the inside info anyone shares here and I know that even the most credible info sometimes just doesn't end up working out that way.

Actually heard the president say the exact same thing about sand VB so it was not just our coach whistling in the wind. The whole momentum to it seems to have slowed some nationwide. No longer a situation of us maybe having to keep up with the Joneses, plus the Big 12 is down compared to the premier VB leagues now.

Now, back to rural Iowa drive times and such. ;)

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
  • Agree
Reactions: g4ce and BoxsterCy

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Look at the dates on the predictions...back in 2018 or 2017 for cripes sake. No current ones...and most of the "predictors" are part and parcel with squackeye.report...no bias there...right?

Actually there is one from 10/2/2019 from Eric Bossi.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
That is off to a fantastic start.

I especially liked "After watching videos of your boys shooting jumpers, have you considered spending more time with the McCaffery kids?"
That post floored me.

Imagine asking Georges Niang, "Have you considered having your boys spending more time with Prohm's kid to work on their game?"

I sure can't. Idiot.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
That is off to a fantastic start.

I especially liked "After watching videos of your boys shooting jumpers, have you considered spending more time with the McCaffery kids?"
Same guy.

"If you are comfortable answering, I am interested to know if your boys would have signed somewhere else in November had they not committed to Iowa? Or would they have waited until the spring signing period?"

I can't make this up. Thank you for the message board fodder.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
That post floored me.

Imagine asking Georges Niang, "Have you considered having your boys spending more time with Prohm's kid to work on their game?"

I sure can't. Idiot.

I don't get it. Wouldn't Niang be working with Prohm's kids on shooting in this scenario?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
That post floored me.

I sure can't. Idiot.
I think you miss the point. He is saying his kids are good shooters and maybe he could help the McCafferys because they are ****** shooters.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Colleges were not looking at his HS stats at Osky...they were watching him against great competition at the AAU level and he did not disappoint. His offensive game, like a majority of bigs is raw and mostly untapped, loads of potential though which is true for most young bigs. He'd be a major 'get' for ISU and I hope he chooses the good guys.

Thanks, I guess - I was hoping for something substantive rather than subjective, but this is more than others have offered. I'm tired of watching the top Iowa kids go away for school (Marcus Paige, Kirk Hinrich, Nick Collison, Raef Lafrentz) so I'm hoping he selects ISU if for no other reason than to open that small pipeline.

Somebody suggested I watch YouTube videos of Foster's AAU games, like I know the small intricacies that separate a D1 player from a D3 player. If I remember correctly, Baylor had a seven footer last year (he ate our lunch) who started his college career at D3 St. Thomas in St. Paul! Who missed the ball on him? Then a bunch of you jumped UNI1/ISU2 guy for giving his opinion on personal observations of Foster - what is it? Are we only allowed to give our opinion if we agree with the board consensus?