NFL: New Bears QB?

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Hadn't seen this posted here:

https://www.bleachernation.com/bear...ors-pop-up-for-the-bears-to-replace-trubisky/

I started to hear people talk about trading for QB Sunday and Monday. Mitch just isn't the guy, never was going to be the guy.

Cam or Foles? Thoughts? Neither blow my hair back, but anything is better than what we have. A new QB won't fix the O-Line either.

I just didn't see the Bears being this big of a dumpster fire when the year started.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Just heard Schefter on ESPN this morning talking about how Brady and his personal trainer both put their houses in Boston up for sale. Maybe he's going to the Bears?! If a radio personality is saying it, it MUST be true, right?

(there aren't enough jimlads for this post)

• Funny
Reactions: CycoCyclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Trubisky is gonna be a nasty bust considering the others taken later in the same draft.

The Bears front office deserves all the flack they get from this. The bad thing is, thanks to the Mack trade, being awful only gives the Raiders better picks. The draft isn't an option, so OL or QB will have to be a free agent/trade.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Yesterday the Athletic had at least 3 stories about benching, trading or dumping Mitch

None of the options seemed worth a damn. Pace won't pull the plug and admit he completely ****** up the pick and Nagy would lose his "QB Expert" label if he can't get Mitch up to speed

This is all very typical Chicago Bear garbage.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think they're stuck with Trubisky. I did hear Mike Vick make a pretty decent point yesterday - Trubisky started thirteen games in college and he's only in his third year in the NFL. That's not much experience. It doesn't excuse his performance so far, but I think they'll stick with him at least through this season simply because of what they've invested in him. They can't afford to have a quick hook with him.

I think a lot of this is on Nagy. He got a lot of pub last year for his offensive scheming and playcalling, and now that the league has had a full offseason to catch up he hasn't stayed ahead of the curve. There's not much he can do at this point in the year about the OL issues, so he's going to have to start tailoring his gameplans to what his guys can do well.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Great reason to mortgage the future to move up and draft him.................over say Mahomes......

LOL, I know. But hindsight is 20/20. It's not as if Mahomes was the perfect prospect coming out of Texas Tech, either. He had the good luck to not only sit and learn for a year but he also got paired up with Andy Reid.

Drafting quarterbacks is just such a crapshoot. I posted about this in the other thread, but the 2018 class had five QBs taken in the first round and it's the guy who was the last of the five who has had the most success so far. Go figure.

Reactions: STATE12

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
LOL, I know. But hindsight is 20/20. It's not as if Mahomes was the perfect prospect coming out of Texas Tech, either. He had the good luck to not only sit and learn for a year but he also got paired up with Andy Reid.

Drafting quarterbacks is just such a crapshoot. I posted about this in the other thread, but the 2018 class had five QBs taken in the first round and it's the guy who was the last of the five who has had the most success so far. Go figure.
Mahomes wouldn't help them at all right now...he too would be running for his life given the lack of protection. Trubisky needs to have decent protection to see if he truly is a bust...

• Agree
Reactions: GoodyISU1

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Just heard Schefter on ESPN this morning talking about how Brady and his personal trainer both put their houses in Boston up for sale. Maybe he's going to the Bears?! If a radio personality is saying it, it MUST be true, right?

(there aren't enough jimlads for this post)
It would be par for the course for the Bears. Trade the farm for a quarterback in his twilight years. Brady is still very good. But raise your hand if you think he's still good enough to put out the dumpster fire that is the Chicago Bears.
It isn't just Brady that makes that team so good. It's Brady + Belichick.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
It all starts and ends with the O-line...Chicago needs to concentrate on this.

100% this. I don't think Mitch is a bad QB (I'm not sure he is great), but I think he would be preforming much better then he currently is if the Bear's O-line could do ANYTHING. The QB is always the easiest to blame, but Mitch made good strides last year behind an O-line that was much better, and has regressed this year because of what is in front of him.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Amazing how fast things change. Last year the Bears were running a supposed innovative offense with Mitch being the up and comer. DM was the new hot draftee. Picked to take the Central this year. Now half way through the Athletic writers are bailing in Chicago.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Think more Mariotta or Rosen....

I was actually thinking Mariotta could be an option for them. I'm not sure the Titans have confidence in Tannehill though, either so doubt they'd let Marriotta go.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm