NFL: ***Official Week Seven Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The reeling Chiefs @ Denver tonight. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly things can change in the NFL. Two weeks ago KC looked like a virtual lock to play the Pats in the AFC championship, and Denver appeared to be in the running for a top three draft pick. Since then Denver is 2-0 and the Chiefs are 0-2 and in danger of falling into a tie with the Raiders for first place in the West. It's pretty obvious Mahomes is really limited with that ankle injury but their bye isn't until Week Eleven. Tough two weeks after tonight with back to back home games against the Packers and Vikes.

Other games of interest:

MIN @ DET - Must-win for the Lions if they want to keep pace in the North. They've been more competitive than I thought they'd be.

HOU @ IND - Chance for the Texans to put a little distance between themselves and the rest of the division. A win for the Colts creates a two way tie for first place with Indy holding the head to head tiebreak.

NO @ CHI - The return of Mitchell Trubisky looms. Nagy has to find a way to kickstart that offense no matter who's under center. They're wasting a really good defense (again).

PHI @ DAL - Good Sunday night game. Winner takes control of the East. Interesting side note - if the Giants knock off Arizona they'll be one game back of the division leader after this weekend. Didn't see that coming.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
If Denver didn't choke those Chicago and Jacksonville games tonight could of been a battle for first place. The only thing that give me any hope is that kc struggles against the run and Denver has a couple of solid rb's in Lindsay and Freeman.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If Denver didn't choke those Chicago and Jacksonville games tonight could of been a battle for first place. The only thing that give me any hope is that kc struggles against the run and Denver has a couple of solid rb's in Lindsay and Freeman.

I don't think that right now you even need that great of a run game. The Texans showed us that. Indy and their o-line chewing up KC is one thing. But Houston's line and RBs are nothing special and they looked fantastic. It's a pretty simple blueprint for the time being - on offense run the ball, chew up the clock, and avoid turnovers. On defense play press coverage and knock Mahomes around. It's on KC to stop it because they're going to get a steady dose of that strategy until they figure out how to solve it.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Son of a b*!#% Chiefs defense is aweful, there is no way Matt Moore is able to keep pace and out score teams like Mahomes can.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
  • Funny
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I hate to be an armchair playcaller, but why would Reid call a QB sneak for the franchise when he knows he's already playing on a bad ankle?

This has worried me too as a Chiefs fan. Already seen what letting your QB have free reign to run has done to the likes of Cam Newton and Russell Wilson. Mahomes usually throws on a scramble but with the nagging ankle injury I've been worried one of these games he'll get rolled up and really hurt it bad enough to be out a month or more.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
This has worried me too as a Chiefs fan. Already seen what letting your QB have free reign to run has done to the likes of Cam Newton and Russell Wilson. Mahomes usually throws on a scramble but with the nagging ankle injury I've been worried one of these games he'll get rolled up and really hurt it bad enough to be out a month or more.

I guess it's possible that Mahomes called his own number. Reckless call regardless of who made it.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone.TV

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
I guess it's possible that Mahomes called his own number. Reckless call regardless of who made it.

It was a good play call and just a freak injury. QBs run it all the time and I think that is the first time I have seen an injury from the QB sneak. Brady does it multiple times a game it seems like. I am a Chiefs fan also. Just bad luck (and maybe the Madden curse)

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
How serious did mahomes thing look? I haven't been watching the game.