Texas Tech REPRIMANDED

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm no ref, but that looks like a fumble to me.

Yeah, me too. But as I understand it (I'm just catching up on all this today) the issue was that because the officials blew the play dead immediately and flagged BU for illegal snap it became a non-reviewable call since illegal snap is technically a dead ball judgment call.

• Agree
Reactions: wclarson

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
giphy.gif

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
I’m just watching and enjoying from afar. When Iowa State was regularly getting screwed, none of these schools stood up for us in demanding better and fair from this league because they benefited from the garbage refs, so hopefully Tech understands what we went through in the past.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
What is especially stupid is that the officials have no problem talking to the press when they have an agenda. You can easily find the quotes from the head official after the UT/OU game, talking about the pushing match prior to the game.

But when they screw up, then they can't be bothered to talk to the media.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Sat next to a Texas Tech alum (his daughter goes to Iowa State, cheers for us as well) for the TCU game. We were both ******** about the Big 12 officials. Poor guy gets a double dose of it week in and week out.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I really wish Tech would have won that game from a lot of angles.

They're rejuvinated as it is after a rough start.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
I'm so tired of excuses. Why can't people just come out and say "it's a fast pace game and our employees have to split decisions to the best of their ability. Because of this we will make errors and unfortunately those errors can determine the outcome of the game. Horribly that was the case Saturday." It would stink bad but if they came out and admitted they screwed up then life would move on for most. But no there always has to be further unwarranted drama. To try and further support and justify their error.

Life is not fair, sometimes we win with luck, other times we lose because of someone elses error.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I must have missed all this. So...the refs made the incorrect call, the Big 12 privately acknowledged that fact to TT, Hocutt went public with that, and the Big 12 fined TT for publicly stating that the Big 12 admitted to the blown call?
Correct. Lol

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
What is especially stupid is that the officials have no problem talking to the press when they have an agenda. You can easily find the quotes from the head official after the UT/OU game, talking about the pushing match prior to the game.

But when they screw up, then they can't be bothered to talk to the media.

The only time an official "talks to the press" is if there's a specific request from the media in regard to a rules application. Judgment calls aren't considered a legit topic. Then one person is designated as the pool reporter to ask the question(s). The whole thing is recorded and transcribed, and then distributed to all of the media in attendance.

That's why the quotes are so easily found -- a couple of hundred media all get the exact same transcription dumped in their lap.

• Informative
Reactions: BigCyFan

CyAg

May 22, 2006
So, if someone feels so motivated, or wants to make a point on this, there has been a fund established by a TTU fan for fine. I know this the week we want each others team to kick ther ....., but it could be a nice show of support for what is right if anyone wants to send in a couple of dollars to show how broad the protest is. If you do, I would suggest choosing the "in honor of" option and list something that identifies you as an ISU fan supporting (keep it clean).

The link is: https://donate.give2tech.com//?fid=T84A399

• Friendly
Reactions: Cycsk