Lazard on Packer roster

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I also think NFL teams were reluctant to take him because he didn't have blinding speed. What he does have is an unbelievable football IQ and a tremendous work ethic, things that Rodgers highlighted.

I suppose but he ran a good 40 before the draft. These leagues get too worked up about metrics and forget that people play the game. Who knows how Allen’s career will go but he’s just a football player. I think he’ll continue to prove people wrong. Obviously Rodgers knew he could play.

Same thing with monte. He got pushed to the back of the draft for some reason and he just keeps proving people wrong.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Are you saying the Vikings can overcome the refs screwing them and gifting Packers wins? Seen the Packers on the wrong side of screw jobs plenty of times.

Just ask Clay Matthews. Roughing the passer cost them a win against Minny last season. And who could forget Fail Mary?

• Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I suppose but he ran a good 40 before the draft. These leagues get too worked up about metrics and forget that people play the game. Who knows how Allen’s career will go but he’s just a football player. I think he’ll continue to prove people wrong. Obviously Rodgers knew he could play.

Same thing with monte. He got pushed to the back of the draft for some reason and he just keeps proving people wrong.
Yes he did run a good 40.. but I believe teams were still putting a question mark on him and his speed for some reason. And I 100% that teams use metrics too much. What Allen lacks in speed he makes up in many different ways.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Might not have some of the "measurables" but sometimes people are just really ******* good at what they do.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I think nfl teams were reluctant to draft him due to all the evaluations by the hok posters on this site.
Not a peep out of those scumbags on HN or Hokeye Pokey forum today. They are still melting down from their loss last weekend, wailing about Brian Freerentz and how the team can still find a way to get into the Quick Lane Bad Boy Mowers Bowl.

• Funny
Reactions: GT25Ump

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Allen got a mention in the open on Dan Patrick. Although it was kind of a diss because they were saying how packers can't win with these no name receivers. Mclovin brought up Lazard's name but it was like who's heard of him. **** you Mclovin! Plenty know who the hell he is.
There was also a Brock Purdy Heisman mention, ha.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Don't forget the non PI call on the Lions last possession. Or the fact that Lazard's TD was really not a TD.

I'm already getting tired of seeing this. People's short term memories are failing them. Not but 2 weeks ago packers weren't the beneficiary on a no call PI on the GB receiver at the end of the game either. These things happen. Not to mention the BLATANT incorrect call in Seattle on the Fail mary pass. 1 replacement ref signals INT, the other a TD.

Like I said, these things happen. We can expect them to every single game.

• Winner
Reactions: SCyclone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yes he did run a good 40.. but I believe teams were still putting a question mark on him and his speed for some reason. And I 100% that teams use metrics too much. What Allen lacks in speed he makes up in many different ways.
He wasn't drafted because teams don't care about the 40 that much any more and they want guys that can get separation. Right now everybody wants WRs that are great at getting in and out if their breaks.That also happens to be ALs biggest weakness as a WR. He clearly can be a productive WR in the league, but he just happens to not fit the current fad in WR.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm not complaining. It's great Lazard got his first TD. Just pointing out that the refs kinda screwed the Lions. The Vikings are gonna win the division anyways so it doesn't matter.

It's not like it was an incompletion. It was the play of the game whether it was a TD or GB ball 5 inches from the goal line.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Mildly off-topic but whats up with the Packers TD lighting situation? I thought they were having a power outage for a second. Seems odd.

Packers are experimenting with some different things this season in trying to get more fan response - one of them is dimming the lights when the Pack scores a TD. In the pre-season they were doing strobe lights, which was somewhat unnerving.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Not a peep out of those scumbags on HN or Hokeye Pokey forum today. They are still melting down from their loss last weekend, wailing about Brian Freerentz and how the team can still find a way to get into the Quick Lane Bad Boy Mowers Bowl.

Oh but Chaddy boy, champion hok heinie licker, wrote in the DM Rag that it's all on the OL. Not Ferentz's play calling, or Stanley's inconsistency throwing, but the OL is mainly to blame. :rolleyes:

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA

Wasn't necessarily speed it was fluidity of hips and lack of separation going into and coming out of his breaks.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I always felt like AL got cheated a little bit by pro scouts because he wanted to be a Cyclone when he could have played for a higher profile program to help him reach his NFL dream. But that shows you what a high character guy he is. Couldn't be happier for him coming up big in this opportunity.

You're starting to see the change now with our football and basketball programs becoming programs that put players in the league.

Imagine if Monte Morris had picked a school like Iowa or Illinois (realistic possibilities after MSU and MU didn't sign him for whatever weird reasons). Good chance he doesn't get drafted and doesn't get his shot at that contract he signed.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
He wasn't drafted because teams don't care about the 40 that much any more and they want guys that can get separation. Right now everybody wants WRs that are great at getting in and out if their breaks.That also happens to be ALs biggest weakness as a WR. He clearly can be a productive WR in the league, but he just happens to not fit the current fad in WR.

Ha, guess I should have read more before I responded lol. Exactly what I said.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Oh but Chaddy boy, champion hok heinie licker, wrote in the DM Rag that it's all on the OL. Not Ferentz's play calling, or Stanley's inconsistency throwing, but the OL is mainly to blame. :rolleyes:
How about blaming the guy who is the old line coach 3-4 years ago.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
It's not like it was an incompletion. It was the play of the game whether it was a TD or GB ball 5 inches from the goal line.
I've watched the play at least twice now, and to me it looked like he may not have had full posession of the ball until he had broken the plane of the goal line, all the while the ball didnt hit the ground and lazard stayed in bounds.