PJ Fleck legit?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm surprised they're favored over Nebraska, as much as I dislike Nebraska they're going to lose that game. I think they are an almost certain lock to lose three of the last four, although Iowa can choke at any given moment so who knows.

At home. Maybe no Martinez for Nebraska. Favored by a TD seems about right.

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
I couldn't care less about a guy named PJ. But I do hope they crush baby brother this year.
I live in the Twin Cities and hearing Fleck talk is like fingernails on a chalkboard. The self-promotion, salesmanship that exudes from him...That’s one game in which I’ll be rooting for the Hawks.

The Gophers have played no one and pulled the first three games out of the abyss to win. They may go, 8-0, but if they beat Iowa and one of Penn State or Wisconsin, then they’ll be able to say something. Otherwise, enjoy that powderpuff schedule.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
According to Hawkeye fans minnesota could beat beat the NE Patriots. (Gotta build these paper tigers up)

You should hear the way Husker fans are building them, you'd think it was the '85 bears they were playing. They went nuts after beating a 1-4 NW team, they'll crown themselves if they beat the mighty Gophs.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
With that said, Minnesota got really lucky against SDSU and they were fortunate to escape with these wins. They have played a soft schedule, and that's going to continue. Nebraska and Northwestern aren't good football teams. I'm not so sure Martinez being out is a big negative over Vedral. Martinez is a turnover machine and has really regressed.

Lot of truth to that.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
A Division 2 team is Iowa Central or Upper Iowa.. which is a huge difference between UNI and SDSU. SDSU and UNI would probably be favorites against a team like Rutgers.

Damn, you all need to brush up on your lower divisions of Iowa football!

ISU, TOE = D1 FBS
UNI = D1 FCS
Upper Iowa = DII
Grandview, Morningside, etc. = NAIA
Iowa Western, Iowa Central, etc. = JUCO
Drake = FCS non-scholly
Simpson, Central (Pella), Wartburg, etc. = DIII (non-scholly)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Damn, you all need to brush up on your lower divisions of Iowa football!

ISU, TOE = D1 FBS
UNI = D1 FCS
Upper Iowa = DII
Grandview, Morningside, etc. = NAIA
Iowa Western, Iowa Central, etc. = JUCO
Drake = FCS non-scholly
Simpson, Central (Pella), Wartburg, etc. = DIII (non-scholly)
I literally watched the last season of Last Chance U so I have no idea why I thought Iowa Central was DII. You are correct.

• Friendly
Reactions: ISU4evertrue

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Remember at the beginning of the season when the B1G West was going to be so good? That was fun...
Wisconsin = great team
Minnesota = we'll see but I believe they are a fraud
Iowa = solid team as per usual
Northwestern = pretty bad but will play teams close because of how they're coached
Nebraska = pretty bad
Purdue = trash
Illinois = a little worse trash

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
FCS and D2 are the same thing. So Yeah they may not be D2 but they are a whole level below us in the FCS ranks. If you are trying to say Minnesota has not played anyone, then brag about our wins. You are failing because we have beat lesser teams. TCU is down this year and everyone knows it.
Minnesota's best win was against Purdue. Their Sagarin rating is 85
Iowa States best win is TCU. Their Sagarin rating is 34.

ISU Sagarin rating: 22
Minnesota Sagarin rating: 46

So saying our wins haven't been better is just objectively wrong. Please see yourself out.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Wisconsin = great team
Northwestern = pretty bad but will play teams close because of how they're coached
Nebraska = pretty bad
Purdue = trash

Yes, once again the West is Wisconsin, a typical Iowa team, and a big heap of poop.

Minnesota could legit start out 7-0 and finish 7-5....

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I was recently told on this platform that they beat 2 ranked teams though...
Iowa beat Wisconsin and Northwestern both on the road who were both ranked at the time and at the end of the season. Iowa was no doubt the best team in the Big 10 West that year. However, the likelihood of them going undefeated throughout the season had they played Michigan, tOSU, Penn State, or MSU during the regular season would've been very low.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Remember at the beginning of the season when the B1G West was going to be so good? That was fun...

Yeah, that division has not lived up to expectations this year. Nebraska is not nearly as good as people thought they'd be. NW and Purdue are disappointing. IL is about where everyone thought and so is iowa. WI is better than expected. Another pillow fight.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Iowa beat Wisconsin and Northwestern both on the road who were both ranked at the time and at the end of the season. Iowa was no doubt the best team in the Big 10 West that year. However, the likelihood of them going undefeated throughout the season had they played Michigan, tOSU, Penn State, or MSU during the regular season would've been very low.
Oh I absolutely agree. I was more making fun of the hawk fan who even tried to defend their schedule. I believe that was the same year Cowherd accurately labeled them the "fake ID" of college football

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Wisconsin = great team
Nebraska = pretty bad
Purdue = trash

and Wisconsin is still largely unproven. Everyone remembers the Michigan game but Michigan looks pretty average now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron