White Helmets

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I think all of the uni combos have been great in the Campbell era. Outside if the bugles helmet I think they have done a great job. A couple of combos with the charcoal a couple years ago I didn't love, but I think mixing up the combos and busting out something different like they did yesterday is fun to see.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Why would a recruit like a generic non-branded uniform that you cannot tell which team is wearing it? Sorry, but it was hard to tell which team was Iowa State today. To someone scanning on TV, they would have no idea with nothing to catch the eye saying: "Hey let's stop on the Iowa State Game!" Iowa State should wear Cardinal and Gold.
Because they don't really give a crap about our history, they aren't even committed yet. The players like the variety. If you feel good you play good. I could give two ***** about what some old men think about the younger men wearing. Go play some shuffle board or something until next Saturday gets here.

Last edited:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
View attachment 67371

They are called Magnetic Paper Dolls
I mean we are talking adults here. Give them some credit. I was thinking something more along the lines of McFarlane toys figures you could put uniforms on.

cf1_apeterson_photo_01_dp__scaled_800.jpg

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I wonder if you could sell dolls... er... I mean action figures and sell schools uniforms with all their alternates and have dudes be able to play dress ups with their action figures at their desks or something. They could dress them up in that weeks uniform to match what the players are actually wearing that week. I honestly think this could make money.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Because they don't really give a crap about our history, they aren't even committed yet. The players like the variety. If you feel good you play good. I could give to ***** about what some old men think about the younger men wearing. Go play some shuffle board or something until next Saturday gets here.
I am okay with the variety, and I actually thought the black and white uniforms looked sharp - just not Iowa State sharp. Give a little cardinal and gold trim around the numbers or something, and they would be super sharp. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I am okay with the variety, and I actually thought the black and white uniforms looked sharp - just not Iowa State sharp. Give a little cardinal and gold trim around the numbers or something, and they would be super sharp. ;)

During a sideline shot there was a player whose shoulder pads were sticking out under his sleeves and the visible padding were cardinal and gold stripes. The addition of the strips looked really good.

jbru119

Jun 26, 2016
4-5* recruits are not going to Alabama for their uniforms. They’re going there for Saban and a great chance at being drafted and playing for national titles. To compare Iowa State to Alabama is just nonsense
I was NOT comparing ISU to Alabama. <rolling eyes> I was saying not all kids are interested in flashy uniforms.

Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
The uniforms for the TCU game looked like a 1950's era cop car, but I don't give a rip. For all I care, they can wear pick ruffles across their butts as long as they win.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
All they had to do yesterday was wear the black lids, black jerseys, and white pants. Being the home team, that would have looked a lot better IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I thought they looked great, but just too much white in yesterday's combo for being the home team IMO.

• Creative
Reactions: moforisu

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
They need a hint of cardinal somewhere on the uniforms.
I think it was Tulsa's blackout uniforms last year that I thought were great with thin red and blue stripping around the numbers and lettering. Or Boise States this year with the chrome decal and face mask, maybe not the blue collar they had though.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
The uni's yesterday reminded me of the new Iowa license plates....they are pretty popular. Even with the old folks.
upload_2019-10-6_18-13-50.jpeg